Mechanical Fitter required for our client based in Wolverhampton
As a Mechanical Fitter, you are responsible for fitting and assembly of mechanical components into sub-assemblies and final assembly builds in preparation for setting to work and functional testing of bespoke, complex nuclear process plant and equipment.
You will be required to follow a defined build process whilst also using your own skill and initiative to get the job done safely, on time and to the right quality level.
In a bespoke environment, you will need to demonstrate patience and be able to solve problems efficiently through team work and collaboration.
Working in the nuclear industry, you will ensure that the paperwork is fully concurrent with the build to maintain traceability.
You will be responsible for delivering work efficiently and effectively communicating progress to your Cell Leader.Key Activities
· Installation, fitting and stripping & correct application of bearings / keys / seals / bushes / sleeves / plummer blocks / gears
· Installation, fitting and stripping and correct application of doweling / pegs / split pins / tab washers / wiring techniques & other positive location techniques
- Installation, fitting and stripping and correct application of keys, keyways, splines and leadscrews · Production of clearance , blind, through, threaded, dowelled and precision holes by appropriate methods
- Understanding, assembling and maintaining of transmission systems
- Installation, fitting and stripping and correct application of seals, circlips & o-rings / dynamic & static · Stamping / etching / stencilling / deburring
- Understanding, assembling and maintaining of mechanical drive systems
- Dismantling and stripdown of sub assys, components and plant to required quality levels and standards
- Hydraulics and pneumatics (use of swagelok fittings etc.)
- Instrumentation methods - Ability to recognise what instrumentation is required and ability to use effectively
- Ability to take record and process measurements as required to aid fitting procedures, or to aid other process such as machining or welding
- Reading understanding and interpreting engineering drawings
£36,700 inclusive of shift allowance - 3 days shifts on rotation - 6-2pm 9-5pm and 1-9pm