Lots of retailers are in the midst of transformation right now. But few are undergoing a transformation quite like our client's. Store refits. Relocations. New locations. They're all part of a strategy to ensure this famous, design-led retailer remains a market leader not just in the UK, but across Europe.
If the multi-year transformation strategy is to be successful, it will need a Head of Store Development with a strong, varied and commercially-focused skillset to deliver it.
Programme management, communication, collaboration, drive, negotiation, commercial vision, motivation and influence - if you have them all, this role promises an enormously rewarding career and the opportunity to make a major difference to the footprint of one of Europe's major brands.As Head of Store Development, your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading and coordinating all store development activity to deliver the transformation strategy
- Ensuring value, efficiency, compliance and budgetary control through a range of operational KPIs
- Leading, managing and partnering with a range of key stakeholders to deliver the transformation
- Developing your team and raising their profile within the organisation
- Keeping the Board updated with programme progress
- A chartered surveyor (ideally) and qualified to degree level or above
- Adept at manging multiple projects simultaneously and keeping them all in sharp focus and on track
- A natural collaborator, able to work positively and constructively with others to drive project success
- Someone who is seen as a leader, able to motivate, inspire and develop those around them
What's in it for you?
- Significant experience in estate improvement
- Project management experience of multi-site developments in retail or similar sectors.
- Real commercial acumen, with the vision, quick wits and analytical skills to swiftly assess business opportunities and understand the potential benefits and risks
- Strong negotiation skills, able to reach agreements that foster long lasting partnerships
- Contract management experience (including running tendering exercises)
- Competitive salary
- Car or car allowance
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Impressive career development opportunities
- A positive team environment
Ready to apply for this Head of Store Development role?
Send us your most up to date CV now.
We're Zachary Daniels, a niche, national & international recruitment consultancy.BBBH22258