IT Support Technician - Financial ServicesCentral LondonSalary: £35,000 p.a. plus BenefitsThe Role
A foreign bank based in Central London are looking to recruit an IT professional to support the IT Operations processes of the bank.
This role requires an understanding and working knowledge of IT infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, security, network, voice, end user, desktop and server related applications) in order to support the delivery of IT services to all relevant stakeholders.
The job holder will be expected to provide 1st level support to the bank's network, hardware, software, and application and network users generally.Job Description/ Responsibilities Include:
- First level IT support
- Monitor the performance of the IT infrastructure and applications using the tools provided and raise alerts for exceptional events
- Take ownership of all log registers (e.g. Incident register, Risk register, Daily IT Event log etc.) to ensure issues are logged accordingly and in timely manner;
- Deploy and configure server hardware and software infrastructure;
- Deploy and configure new PCs and make them ready for staff usage;
- Active Directory administration - Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords;
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence;
- Support users on Cisco Voice solution (Call Manager, UCCX, & Unity Connection); Exchange 2007 & Mimecast cloud solution; REDBox voice recording solution; and Black Berry Enterprise with MVR solution;
- Ensure daily Tapes backup of all the servers for quick data recovery when required. Liaise with Abbot Data Store to ensure smooth running of delivering, collection and retrieving of backup tapes always.
- Windows Security Updates and Patch Management; Nessus vulnerability scanning management; Symantec Endpoint Protection management;
- Provide support across all business applications including productivity tools (MS Office Suite);
- Participate in all periodic and time based processes including all start-of-day, end-of-day, end-of-month and end-of-year runs; and generate all required daily, monthly, yearly and Ad-hoc reports accordingly;
- Be flexible and prepare to work sometimes at odd hours and weekends if and when required.
Be able to demonstrable technical experience gained with an IT functional area, you will have exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to resolve and manage multiple complex problems.