We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Collateral Management P&L analyst
for a 12 month contract
contract based in London (remote 50%).Purpose of the Role:
As a Collateral Management P&L analyst you will be responsible for:
- To support the operational implementation of new collateral agreements managed by the London Collateral team, both for repos and derivatives.
- Performing Validation Controls associated with Margin Call Payments.
- Generate loan & deposit instructions so that the Collateral Activity is accurately funded.
What we require from the candidate:
- Reconciliations and accounting controls
- Reconciliations of P&L (as per management accounting system) and GL against collateral system.
- Adjustments to the P&L system and / or the GL
- Create and maintain supporting documentation
- Analyse recurrent breaks with a view to identifying process issues
- Certification of the London collateral accounts
- Cash collateral: Monitor Daily P&L and processing corrections in management accounting / financial accounting tools
- Securities collateral: monitor daily evolution of securities balances and explain daily / monthly P&L
- Allocate P&L to business lines at month end - explain monthly variations, address queries of the businesses and Finance department
- Previous experience in a Middle Office or Finance department of an investment bank / financial institution
- Good understanding of Collateral Management Processes.
- Comfortable with manipulating vast amounts of data (Excel / V-lookups/ Sum-Ifs / pivoting data, Access, Macros, access to various front office / back office applications)
- Documentation experience writing synthetic presentations and documents supported by quantitative analysis
- Experience working in an ever-changing environment
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
- Communication skills - Required for an effective liaison across multiple stakeholders.
- Time Management - Ability to prioritise effectively based on the risk / time criticality of the tasks required.
- Team Player -Working as part of a larger Collateral Management Operations team.
- Innovation - Looking at way to improve processes to minimise risk / increase efficiency.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business