This London based FP&A Analyst is with an established financial services organisation. Description
The responsibilities of the successful candidate for this London based FP&A Analyst role will include:
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of core financial forecasting model, ensuring a robust and accurate centralised financial model to forecast fund management business, based in excel. The model includes actual results as well as a forward looking 3-5yr financial outlook for the p&ls, balance sheet and cashflows.
- The role will play a key part in our annual budgeting and regular reforecasting processes. From the bottom up, the successful applicant will provide business support to dept heads with their budget and reforecasting requirements, whilst investigating variances to budget as they arise. The role will also contribute to ensuring the resulting budget and reforecasting output is aligned to the top down higher level strategic corporate objectives.
- A key part of the role will involve liaising across the whole business to ensure all modelling assumptions and key inputs are understood and owned by the wider business, whilst also constantly review the underlying forecasting assumptions held within the financial model.
- The role will also deliver key financial insights around individual product p&ls, margins, and other adhoc analysis, becoming a key input into the firm's future commercial decision making.
- Particularly, the role will involve proactive business partnering for the firm's revenues and direct costs. Partnering with the heads of departments to ensure they are accurately forecasting all the revenue streams, and also completing the revenue circle, by ensuring the revenues which the business expects to be generating are all being similarly invoiced by the wider finance team.
- You will be proficient at using finance systems, ensuring their 'actuals' financial data is being collected by the wider finance team in a data structure suitable for direct upload into the core financial model.
- The role will work closely with the CFO and Finance Director. The role will sit within the wider finance team, from whom the role will work closely on management accounts and 'actuals' and other key data points.
- From time to time there will also be other duties / opportunities for the role to contribute to the activities of the wider finance team, management accounts etc.
The successful candidate for this London based FP&A Analyst position will have the following exposure:
- Preferably previous experience of working within financial services sector, a 2+ years PQE qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), and will also have previous experience of excel based financial modelling.
- Excellent excel, analytical and data handling skills.
- Highly numerically minded with excellent attention to detail.
- Someone who is naturally commercially inquisitive and will enjoy questioning and challenging the assumptions to ensure the maintenance of a robust financial outlook
- Someone who has clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to quickly build effective and trusting relationships both within their team and across the wider business.
- Someone who embraces finance systems and processes. Someone who enjoys exploring how the business can put their systems to better use for all repeatable tasks.
- Enjoys suggesting and driving change and improvements whilst supporting a growing and energetic business whose needs are constantly evolving.
Fantastic team environment, great benefits and excellent career prospects.