PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This role is the 'glue' that ensures the wider IT team can deliver a world class service to our customers. The post holder will ensure our processes from quoting to receiving, configuring and deploying hardware and software along with customer billing are as efficient as possible. There are many aspects to this role ranging from team leadership, internal stakeholder management, supplier management, project management and having a deep technical understanding of the product set. The post holder will lead the team by example and ensure they are as efficient as possible in a busy and growing IT department.
The role will be as a member of our technical IT team, reporting to the IT Operations Manager. The post holder must be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. They will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with internal stakeholders and external customers. Furthermore, they will utilise their natural leadership skills to cultivate an efficient and motivated team who can support and enhance our IT products and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Software licensing provision on O365 and our other management portals. For example, Meraki and WatchGuard.
• Raising of PO's to suppliers and ensuring billing is accurate
• Obtaining quotes from suppliers
• Establish good practice and attention to detail in the team
• Supplier management
• Manage the Team through KPI's and appraisals, providing regular feedback during 1-2-1's and developing individuals within the team.
• Manage holiday and sick leave for the Team, in relation to the employee handbook. Along with conducting interviews, reviewing team resources and managing the overall hiring process
• Detailed knowledge about stock levels in the channel
• Maintain an ethos of continual improvement to ensure that all processes, tasks, and generally all work is being delivered in a time and cost-effective manner
• Building and preparing solutions
• Project managing small, appropriate hardware and software deployments
• Preparing kit for customer deployment
• Assisting with the Microsoft Teams product deployments
• Allocating kit for projects, asset tagging them and assigning them to our asset control platform
• Regular updating of the project manager, customers and technical team
• Ensuring technical leads and customers are aware of hardware delivery times
• Maintaining appropriate levels of on-premise stock
• MI and reporting around hardware purchases
Optional Pension Scheme, Private Health Care, Holiday buy/sell scheme
Essential Knowledge Attributes:
• Microsoft O365 products
• Microsoft Server, Exchange and Office
• Popular server, desktop and laptop hardware (DELL, HP, Fujitsu)
• Windows desktop operating systems including Windows XP and Windows 7
• Firewalls and routers (WatchGuard, FortiGate, Meraki, Draytek)
• Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and 2FA
• WIFI (Cisco Meraki preferred but not essential)
• Cisco Switches
Essential Personal Attributes:
• Excellent Communication skills
• Excellent problem solver
• Natural leadership skills
• Comfortable leading by example
• Strong teamwork and comfortable working under own direction
• Great Initiative and ability to work well in a crisis
• Positive attitude & willingness to progress and learn
• Accepts that a role in IT is not a typical '9 to 5' role
Job Title: Junior IT Buyer
Location: Haydock, UK
Rate/Salary: 20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Yearly
Job Type: Permanent
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.