About the Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to take a newly created role within the risk function of ClearBank providing leadership and support to the CRCO, Risk Leadership team and broader company on matters relating to credit risk and our Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) proposition. This includes being responsible for ensuring that we have the appropriate frameworks, policies, procedures and processes in place to understand and effectively manage credit risk associated primarily with payment services and overdrafts, including counterparty credit risk arising from those services. This role will also be the primary liaison point for colleagues within ClearBank and our partners as it relates to the risk function for BaaS onboarding and ongoing monitoring and oversight, working closely with a dedicated team within ClearBank.About You
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of payment services and credit risk associated with those services, including overdrafts. Understanding or experience of outsourcing requirements and best practices in a highly regulated environment would be beneficial. They will be comfortable working at a fast pace, being highly responsive to changing demands within the company and delivering on time with quality. They will be excited and able to learn new things as we continue to innovate and work in close collaboration and partnership with a wide variety of stakeholders to bring new ideas to fruition, solve problems quickly and effectively and ensure that our risk management capabilities remain proportionate and fit for purpose. They must be able to think strategically and tactically, prioritise effectively, influence with ease and communicate with impact.Core Responsibilities:
Core Skills and Experience:
- Developing and maintaining the necessary frameworks, policies, standards and risk assessment for credit risk and ensuring that these are implemented and operating effectively
- Developing and maintaining the necessary frameworks, policies, standards and risk assessment for BaaS risk and ensuring that these are implemented and operating effectively
- Taking the lead on BaaS onboarding and ongoing oversight on behalf of the risk function, working closely with the first line and risk function, including attendance at relevant committees
- Working closely with the relevant stakeholders and on behalf of the risk function to solve issues or challenges relating to credit or BaaS risk.
- Working closely on behalf of the risk function on the product / service roadmap with the relevant teams as it relates to products with credit risk exposure or those which are part of the BaaS proposition
- Developing and maintaining effective reporting on credit risk
- Ensuring that we are compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including regulatory guidance as it relates to credit and BaaS, working closely with the relevant subject matter experts
About what we offer
- Specific credit risk experience both policy related and practical execution in respect of overdrafts and payment services (including BACS direct debit origination)
- Broad general base of risk understanding and experience
- Ideally understanding of credit risk and credit risk mitigation techniques from a capital treatment perspective
- Second line / risk experience is ideal but key is first line, practical experience with credit risk, credit risk management and payment services generally
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management capabilities with a proven track record of achieving results
- Delivery / execution orientated in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to make pragmatic and commercial decisions supported by a thorough understanding of organisational risk appetite
The legal bit:
- The right candidate will be provided with support, guidance and training along with exposure to departments and functions that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge of how a bank with payments at its heart is built and how it operates on a day-to-day basis.
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You'll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.Perks, benefits and rewardsPersonal Development
- Great learning and promotion opportunities
- 32 holidays a year (including bank holidays)
- Private medical and dental cover
- 6% employer contribution through the ClearBank scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
Diversity and Inclusion
- 2 days off each year to do something bigger than ClearBank
Diversity & Inclusion are key to our mission. At ClearBank we recognise and respect that each individuals unique perspecetives are what allows us to build the bank we all enjoy working in. We believe that the differences between people creates value. We focus on inclusion to create a safe and welcoming workplace culture which encourages and enables people to achieve their best, innovate, and most importantly, speak up to make us better.