About the role
In this role you will be responsible for partnering as the 2LOD, with the business to manage their operational risk & control frameworks.
In essence, you will be co-ordinating with key stakeholders and their management teams to ensure we have a well understood, well embedded and effective framework in place to ensure identification, assessment, management and reporting of risks, incidents, and controls.The role itself involves:
- Ensuring we have a comprehensive and accurate view of operational risks.
- Providing guidance, support, and assurance to senior management.
- The operational risk manager works within a growing and experienced risk management team who is accountable for ensuring high-quality analysis, advice, and guidance on the management of operational risk.
- To provide operational teams with quality 2LOD support, challenge, and oversight of their management of all operational related risks through implementation and embedding of risk management processes and initiatives.
- Working with the Business and the IT teams helping them in the ongoing development and implementation of relevant IT, Information and Data Security risk policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the policies (including but not limited to information/data security risk and cyber risk) are managed in accordance with the current and planned changes to the internal infrastructure and external threat environment.
- Monitoring the policies and ensuring that they are applied consistently across the business.
- Guidance and support with development of risk framework changes required to the meet regulatory changes.
- Working with the Head of Operational Risk to carry out BAU 2nd line risk activities
- committee reporting on operational risk matters, including quarterly risk reporting
- risk event (incident) management
- policy and procedure review and development
- training and guidance to staff on risk matters
- review of RCSAs
The successful candidate will possess experience applying the risk management framework and associated tools in a regulated business.
- Experience of developing the operational/ enterprise risk taxonomy, and development/ embedding of other components, including the risk register, RCSAs through to risk reporting.
- Understands risk management concepts and prevention measures relevant to a Technology/ Information Security or Resilience and Outsourcing Risk Manager.
- Is detail-oriented, is pragmatic and works with a high degree of common sense.
- The ability to challenge effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Familiarity with ICAAP from an operational risk perspective would be helpful, but deep expertise in relation to ICAAP is not required.
Not shy to share your thoughts in a constructive fashion, you will understand the complexities of working for a matrix style organisation. You will welcome ownership and accountability, be creative and solution focussed.
You will have experience of implementing risk frameworks, ideally within a complex operating environment that has manual processes, a high level of technical services and 3rd party usage and regulatory obligations. Experience of a regulated financial service would be an advantage.
You will need strong relationship and business partnering skills that enable you to influence to Head-of/ Director level.
Naturally resilient, you will also be highly organised, analytical, and experienced in project work, with a focus to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
This is a very challenging and exciting role within an interesting part of our business, and you will have a perfect opportunity to make your mark and help define how this position develops.About what we offer
The legal bit:
- The right candidate will be provided with support, guidance and training along with
- exposure to departments and functions that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge of how a bank with payments at its heart is built and how it operates on a day-to-day basis.
- A supportive, challenging and agile environment
- You'll also get to work in one of the most exciting Banks in the market right now
By submitting your CV you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank® website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.Perks, benefits and rewardsPersonal Development
- Great learning and promotion opportunities
- 32 holidays a year (including bank holidays)
- Private medical and dental cover
- 6% employer contribution through the ClearBank scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
Diversity and Inclusion
- 2 days off each year to do something bigger than ClearBank
Diversity & Inclusion are key to our mission. At ClearBank we recognise and respect that each individuals unique perspecetives are what allows us to build the bank we all enjoy working in. We believe that the differences between people creates value. We focus on inclusion to create a safe and welcoming workplace culture which encourages and enables people to achieve their best, innovate, and most importantly, speak up to make us better.