In this role you will be working within a small team of other analysts, your prime responsibilities for this role will be to review and analyse pre and post trade incidents identified by Columbia Threadneedle Mandate Monitoring system (Aladdin). This includes the completion of Manual Rules Test processes as well as the identification of potential breaches of investment mandates and engagement with key stakeholders which include investments teams, client services and third parties such as Blackrock. The EMEA Mandate Monitoring team cover Columbia Threadneedle's entire fund range. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
The Analyst will be expected to review and resolve pre and post-trade incidents flagged by the Aladdin system and (if appropriate) engage with the relevant investment team (either the fund manager or PMA) to obtain further information or explanation. This includes the completion of manual rules tests where it has not been possible to automate the checks in Aladdin.
In the event that a potential breach is identified, the Analyst will be required to complete appropriate review and analysis, to determine whether 'active' or 'passive', to record the breach and to communicate the breach in accordance with the incident notification requirements.
Work with the Mandate Coding team to review and update constraints and rules as required, and where possible to automate manual processes
Work closely with data integrity and Blackrock Solutions (BRS) teams to ensure Aladdin system coverage and monitoring is complete and accurate.
Develop good working relationships with FM's, PMA's, Client Services, IT, BRS and Data Management Teams to ensure Mandate Compliance Team performs its obligations fully and professionally.
In addition to the above, the analyst will be expected to help the team to improve and develop better monitoring and controls processes and procedures outside of Aladdin and to assist the Mandate Monitoring Team Leader with the ad hoc projects as directed. Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Demonstrable evidence of 3-5 years experience of mandate monitoring and incident analysis using industry standard platforms Sentinel, Charles River, Thinkfolio or Aladdin.
- Knowledge and experience of the Asset Management industry
- Strong product and instrument knowledge including demonstrable knowledge of cash traded instruments across equity, debt, currency and commodity asset classes.
- Good understanding of IMA documents/ Prospectuses and legal structures employed across different types of investment mandates.
- Good understanding of UCITS Regulatory Rules pertaining to UK OEIC's, Luxembourg SICAV's, German KAG, other European UCITS and AIFMD
- Good communication and analysis skills to deal with internal clients such as Fund Managers, Client Managers, IT and Data Management specialists.
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to follow procedures and act upon instructions
About Our Company
- A good understanding of ETD and OTC derivative instruments applicable to mandate monitoring responsibilities, especially with respect to UCITS rules in pertaining to Leverage, Commitment and VaR.
- Some knowledge of German/ Austrian KAGGs and US mutual funds.
- IMC or other equivalent industry qualification.
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognize that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.