Director of Information Security (9 month Fixed Term Contractor) Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech Security teams. The drivers behind our platform - brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. What will you be doing?
The role is responsible for driving and maintaining our global information security strategy and controls framework for the organisation in line with the required maturity based on the company's growth. It represents our information security position, key risks and mitigations to senior level executives including the Board. Responsibilities include:
- Reporting to our CTO and leading our global security team
- Partner with your team of specialist on existing roadmaps and new security controls that need embedding
- Drive our strategy and challenge stakeholders internally to adopt best practices
- Maintain our culture of how Cyber and Infosec is perceived by the business
- Collaborate with partners, stakeholders, vendors, and third party service or solutions providers on information security projects.
- Ensure smooth security operations which encompasses real-time analysis of immediate threats, and triage when something goes wrong.
- Keeping abreast of developing security threats, and helping the board understand potential security problems that might arise from acquisitions or other business moves
Why should you join us?
- A Security Leader who has the commercial experience and passion for driving best in class security practice
- Proven leader to high performing InfoSec teams as well as driving partnerships across the business
- Proven experience in building credibility in a lean, fast paced technology driven company
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you. #LI-CW1 TECH01