About the team
PwC is the leading global professional services firm and acclaimed as one of the world's leading employers and provider of technology transformational services. We offer diverse and rewarding experiences for our people: through the variety of clients with which we engage; the innovative projects we deliver; the calibre of our teams; and the exceptional training and career development opportunities we provide.
Our Banking & Capital Markets Consulting team see Integrated Automation as a fundamental pillar of delivering digital transformation and productivity for our clients. All of our clients expect technology as part of the solution for how to transform their businesses to deliver improved outcomes for their customers.
We are building a market leading integrated automation capability that services all of our Banking & Capital Markets clients and our client focused digital transformation propositions. About the role
We are looking for Senior Associates within PwC Consulting who will support the delivery of our integrated automation projects. You will typically be managing key components of project delivery and working closely with client team members. You will also support PwC's Consulting leadership in developing new business, contributing to thought leadership and ensuring you build your automation skills. Our projects typically span retail banks, commercial and corporate banks, building societies and Fintech providers. You could find yourself involved in, but not limited to, one or all of the following:
- Identification of how digitisation, automation and/or workflow can enhance productivity
- Solution Architect/Design of Digital front to back applications
- Business case definition
- Middle and back office operational technology design and implementation
- Vendor selection
- Opportunity for working from home? (40%-60%)
- Amount of time client based (70%+)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Typical amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Knowledge and experience of the banking and capital markets industry;
- Technical experience, including understanding of Application Architecture, Process Architecture and Data Architecture (automation technology, Data solutions, Infrastructure),
- Developed technology solutions to operational challenges utilising significant knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Solution design, Agile DevOps, Software development using full stack technologies
- Scrum Master and project management experience
- Strategic cost reduction, cost analysis, business case development, initiative development and delivery
- Experience using one or more of the following tools
- Microsoft Power Tools
- Have extensive experience in large, complex and multi-vendor projects;
- Have worked with multi-disciplinary teams, including 3rd party delivery organisations and offshore;
- Have experience in managing workstreams;
- Be accomplished in building effective relationships;
- A confident and impactful communicator, both written and verbal; and
- Committed to seeking and acting on feedback and learning opportunities.
The skills we look for in future employees
- Experience of lean methodologies for process/cost optimisation;
- Experience of SDLC; and
- Familiarity with core banking systems and data concepts.
Our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional'.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.Consulting
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.