We're a young and developing volunteer-led heritage charity with lots of aspirations. We're seeking trustees to increase the range of skills and experiences we have on our board of enthusiastic trustees.
Set in rolling countryside, Halstead is a community-spirited town, with a history that is reflected in the townscape. Yet these natural and built assets are not as well-known as they deserve to be, and some are at risk. Halstead 21st Century Group promotes, preserves and educates about the heritage in Halstead, Essex and surrounding areas for the public benefit.
What will you be doing?
We're looking for people who want to make a difference by contributing their skills and enthusiasm to our existing trustee talent pool: helping us to turn our aspirations into reality.
We neither own nor manage assets yet (but that's something we aspire to) so there is no office base. Your duties can therefore be carried out remotely via a virtual meeting platform. Trustee meetings are currently held monthly, but as an evolving organisation our practices could change.
You’ll work with five co-trustees to:
- Determine the strategic direction of the Group and make key decisions about new projects, funding applications and recruitment etc.
- Ensure that the Group carries out its purposes for the public benefit
- Make sure that the Group complies with the law and our governing document and acts with due diligence.
- Manage all the Group's resources in the most productive way possible
What are we looking for?
All of these would be lovely to have, but any of them would be highly desirable
- experience in the heritage or conservation sector
- communication/marketing skills
- Financial, including fundraising and bid-writing some legal knowledge
- experience in strategic or business planning
What's in it for the volunteer?
- See your own contribution to the organisation through outcomes
- Be intellectually stimulated
- know you are a valued member of an active, results-driven organisation
- benefit from training opportunities
- increase your understanding of the heritage and/or charity sector
Trustees' meetings usually take place one evening a month from 7.30 - 9.00pm. Other input will be at your convenience.
How to apply
Applications are through the Reach platform.
Deadline: 20 Oct 2021.