We are looking for a Principal Teacher who:
• is committed to the highest standards and expectations in all aspects of school life
• demonstrates sound judgement and decision making, has the ability to prioritise effectively, to delegate and involve colleagues in decision making
• is emotionally intelligent
• is skilled in influencing and engaging
• can lead others and who can exercise good judgement regarding the management of both change and continuity
• has a proven track record and excellent pedagogical knowledge of learning and teaching
• has the ability to raise the profile of our Science Department across the school and beyond, with a vision and ability for strategic thinking.
Successful applicants will:
• Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing in your application your skills, experience and attributes that you can bring to this specific post. Please ensure that you can evidence the impact that you have made in your current post.
• hold an appropriate secondary qualification in Physical Education
• be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
• be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration.
Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to attend:
• a Long Leet Interview
• a Short Leet interview, no later than 4 weeks following the closing date.
Successful applicants for posts working with children or vulnerable adults will be subject to disclosure checks within the PVG scheme.