Pertemps are recruiting for a Finance Assistant Accounts Payable officer to work with a Public Sector organisation based in Edinburgh as an Interim Worker. This role is for immediate start and will be office based in Edinburgh.
Role: Finance Assistant
Hours: Mon-Fri 08am-4:30pm
Pay: 83-104 per day
- To provide a service to support the business within the Financial Policy and Services Department at Headquarters and contribute towards the provision of a high quality service to the department's customers.
- There will also be responsibility for assisting with the preparation of documents for year end and reviewing year end returns from establishments.
- Administration and monitoring of the Accounts Payable ledger including reviewing data input by users, preparation of the BACS supplier payment runs and assisting with resolution of disputed invoices, escalating issues to the Finance Officer as necessary.
- Monitoring of the Accounts Payable mailbox, distributing supplier invoices and assisting with supplier related queries.
- Completion of the Accounts Payable month end reconciliations and monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Regular review of supplier master file, requesting updates to ensure information contained within the system is accurate and up to date.
- Checking and recording information from establishment year end pack returns onto year end schedules and following up queries with local finance teams as required.
- Provide cover for the other Finance Assistant posts within Financial Policy and Services as required and carry out other general administration duties including mail distribution, ordering stationery, photocopying, filing, typing, sending emails etc.
- 5 Standard Grades (including English and Maths) at Grade 3 or above or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualifications or relevant experience.
- Hold a financial qualification or be working towards this e.g. AAT, CAT
- Competent in the use of a windows based finance package.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and able to demonstrate advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of Accounts Payable, including processing BACS payment runs, dealing with supplier related queries and following up overdue invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to analyse a wide range of information and experience of completing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ability to work effectively on your own initiative and as part of a team with excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to specified deadlines with well-developed oral and written communication skills.
Please submit your CV to be reviewed for this role