This is an exciting time to join Carers’ Support East Kent. We are looking for new Trustees from a variety of professional backgrounds to join our committed board.
Carers’ Support East Kent is a charity that provides Carers with the information and support they need. Our services are available to people looking after a relative or friend, who due to physical or mental illness, age related difficulties, disability or an addiction, cannot manage without their support.
What will you be doing?
Charity trustees are the people who share ultimate responsibility for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run.
The responsibilities of trustees are:
- Ensuring CSEK has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these.
- Being responsible, with the Chief Executive and other trustees, for CSEK’s performance and culture.
- Ensuring CSEK complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as guardians of the CSEK's assets by taking due care of their security and proper use.
- Ensuring that CSEK's governance is of the highest possible standard.
In addition to your statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involves scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the work of CSEK and the role of trustee.
- A willingness to contribute fully to all the meetings and dedicate the time required.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- An ability to think creatively.
- A willingness to speak your mind.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
As well as the above, we are particularly interested in applications from people with the following skills:
- Financial management/business experience.
We would also welcome applications from people with experience in the following sectors: Charity governance, health and safety, legal, marketing, volunteer management, health and social care, IT & digital, social media and quality assurance.
What's in it for the volunteer?
You will have the opportunity to be part of a well established organisation celebrating 20 years supporting carers. This is an exciting time to join our Charity and help steer its strategic direction to continue providing its invaluable work for more years to come.
- 4 Board meetings per year normally held after 6pm for 2 hours.
- Trustees are encouraged to join one of the committee based on their expertise. Committees usually meet quarterly, subject to change based on the needs of the Charity.
- Preparation for and follow up from meetings.
- Trustees are required to attend an induction and receive training in key areas of governance.
A few more details
The Reach TrusteeWorks Team are delighted to be supporting Carers' Support East Kent with their trustee recruitment. Please do contact us if you have any questions about the role or about trusteeship in general.
Before you apply
Please submit a CV and covering letter. In the covering letter please include how your skills and experience match the person specification, why you wish to join CSEK's Board and any other relevant details in support of your application. Please contact the TrusteeWorks team for any queries.
Deadline: 11 Oct 2021