We have recently been designated as a 'Teaching School Hub' and we are seeking an outstanding project manager to work with our Teaching School Hubs on a fixed-term contract. Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Teaching School Hub is one of just 87 hubs in England to be appointed as part of the DfE's new programme designed to create school-led centres of excellence.
We are able to offer full time and term time plus contracts for this role, for which the salary will be adjusted pro rata.About Us
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, with a large sixth form of over 350 students. The Academy has three consecutive Outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the Academy to be Outstanding in every aspect. We are a consistently high performing school; in 2019, our progress 8 score was 0.61, 94% of our students achieved a 4+ in English and 86% in maths. Our motto, 'All Can Achieve' encapsulates our vision that all members of the Academy community are supported and encouraged to achieve their absolute potential.Main Areas of Responsibility
To provide project manage & support a range of professional learning programmes for the Harris Federation Teaching School Hubs, including a suite of six National Professional qualifications. The role would include:
Qualifications & Experience
- The development of a digital marketing strategy to promote professional learning programmes across the region
- Ensuring a minimum number of participants are recruited to Hub programmes
- Liaising with providers on participant recruitment
- Coordinating detailed and accurate records of Teaching School Hub programme participants using Excel and CRM.
- Developing a strong relationship, network and collaborate with a range of Stakeholders across the region, including Curriculum Hubs
- Tracking programme delivery and report on progress to the TS Hub Director.
- Event co-ordination and management, including organising catering, liaising with site teams
- Diary Management of all programmes and courses being delivered
- Collating and evaluating programme participant feedback
- Producing monthly reports in line with the delivery plan
- Keeping accurate financial records of all Hub spending and liaising with Hub Business Managers
- Producing a half termly Teaching School Bulletin to be sent out to regional schools
- Liaising with Hub programme participants via, e-mail, phone and face to face in a professional manner
- Undertaking administration of complex procedures and support TS Hub Directors
- Completing and submitting complex forms, returns etc., including those to outside agencies, e.g. DfE
- Training and developing administrative staff as appropriate
- Managing manual and computerised record/information systems
- Analysing and evaluate data/information and produce reports/information/data as required
- Line managing the Teaching School Administrator
- A good standard of education especially in literacy and numeracy.
- Sound Knowledge of Microsoft software, including Sharepoint.
- Experience in a similar role.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.Equal Opportunities
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.