You will be involved in managing and delivering projects totalling £m's benefit per annum within the Retail Secured Credit Risk team.
Risk is now firmly at the heart of every single financial services company, and that's where you'll be when you join the team. Helping to manage risk for one of the UK's leading challenger banks is an exciting and rewarding place to develop your risk management skills. It's also a great place to advance your career.What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Supporting the development of and representing Risk in high-profile projects or initiatives that improve the performance and profitability of the business.
- Undertaking the role as an SME on Credit Risk elements required for the delivery of new customer journeys and processes
- Produces, manages and reports on the effectiveness of processes, communication, services or systems applications.
- Maintaining a wide knowledge of industry issues and external changes
- Building and maintaining relationships with key business areas.
- Ensuring that incidents and issues, both realised and potential, are identified quickly and escalated immediately
What else you need to know
- You'll have a good educational background with strong written and oral communication skills
- Sound knowledge of Credit Risk and the credit industry
- Capability and experience of playing a lead role in developing IT based solutions, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, lead projects from a risk perspective and influence key stakeholders, articulating the appropriate level of detail depending on the audience
- Mastery of a common programming tool such as SAS or SQL, with a good understanding of the operation of database technology.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role can be based nationally.How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For part-time / contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your working hours / contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.Why Santander?
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.Equal Opportunities
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page.What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94440337