The Stage 1 Leader is responsible for the provision of the academic leadership of the Stage 1 curriculum, including teaching, curriculum development, and day to day running of Stage 1 on the BA Architecture course. You will work collaboratively within a course team, deploying specialist expertise to develop pedagogy and the curriculum in innovative and critical directions.
This course is part of the Spatial Practices Programme at CSM.Spatial Practices and BA Architecture
BA (Honours) Architecture (RIBA Part 1) is one of four courses within the Spatial Practices Programme at CSM. Spatial Practices has a growing reputation and is renowned for its socially embedded and politically engaged approach to architecture, urbanism and spatial design. Challenging the role of the professions and seeking out new agendas and methodologies for spatial practice that are engaged with the social, economic and political conditions of space is central to the ethos of the programme and the BA Course.
BA Architecture is also deeply concerned with the climate emergency, decarbonisation, and the radical potential of new forms of making. With the recent appointment of a new Course Leader, and the launch of new experimental post-graduate courses, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the future of Spatial Practices at CSM.Why choose us?
Central Saint Martins' world-leading reputation for arts and design education stems from the creative energy of its staff and students and the stellar achievements of its graduates nationally and internationally. The nine programmes at CSM while challenging the boundaries of their discipline understand that what we do is always connected to others. Our community goes beyond building, beyond disciplines and beyond borders. From local neighbours to global partners, CSM collaborates with others to build knowledge and transform objects, systems and lives for the better. We understand that good things happen when people work together.Your profileRequirements:
- Qualified architect
- Master's degree or equivalent professional recognised qualification in architecture
- Experience of teaching and assessment in a higher education environment
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching
- Considers equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching and assessment
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students' experiences within a course
- Collaborates and works effectively within teams and across different professional groups
- Fosters inclusive and constructive teamwork and problem-solving
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice in architecture and spatial practices that contributes to its advancement and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaboration
- PhD or Higher-level research degree
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert or equivalent)
- Member of the Higher Education Academy
- Industry / professional experience of leading projects with partners and diverse participants
UAL is committed to addressing the underrepresentation of staff from Black and Minority Ethnic communities, using our student profile as a reference point.
Questions about the role and appointment can be addressed directly to the BA Architecture Course Leader, Gregory Ross, at firstname.lastname@example.orgTimeline:
To find out more about the role, please join us for a presentation and chance for Q&A on 22nd September at 18:30
. Please book a place by sending an email to the CSM Staffing Team (email@example.com).To apply, please click the apply button.Closing date: 27 September 2021 23:55.
UAL welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.