A Compliance Manager also:
- Reviews policies and procedures for an assigned business unit. When current policies and procedures do not meet required standards, incumbents will work with business leaders to identify the areas of concern, offer recommendations, and manage the follow up to ensure the areas of concern have been addressed in a timely manner.
- Utilizes expert knowledge of regulatory requirements to inspect, analyze, and review and advise on matters relating to regulatory reporting (i.e. MIFIR, EMIR, SFTR, etc.).
- As a regulatory trade reporting SME ensures that the Compliance team is cross trained on the various regimes and builds out and maintains training materials.
- In consultation with legal team, recognizes current industry compliance issues and research and impact on T. Rowe Price and assigned business units. Communicates relevant information to various business units, which requires sound understanding of the business functions of all business units across T. Rowe Price.
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.Principal Responsibilities
Assist the Senior Compliance Manager with providing consultative support and advice to the firm's Investments business. Serves as contact point for this business area for questions related to regulatory matters:
- Assist with the ongoing monitoring of jurisdictional regulatory changes and impact analysis, with a view to issuing advice and guidelines to the business in relation to the markets in which it operates
- Works closely with other areas of the legal and compliance teams to keep them abreast of changes that are being disseminated to the business
- Leading, and or assisting Compliance Managers and Attorneys within Legal department in the EMEA region, with regulatory change projects
- From time to time assisting the Compliance Monitoring Team with building out the surveillance or thematic reviews.
Assist the Senior Compliance Manager with providing consultative support and advice to the firm's Investment Operations Regulatory Trade Reporting team ("IORR"). Serves as contact point for those business areas for questions related to regulatory matters:
- Review and advise on breaches and exceptions
- Drafting and submitting FCA/other errors and omissions forms
- Works with the IORR team to interpret new regulatory trade reporting regimes and material updates to existing regimes, to support the roll out across the EMEA business
Assist the Compliance Managers and Head of EMEA Compliance in Delivering actionable consultative compliance support to the Equity, Fixed Income, Multi Asset investment business and support functions. Responsibilities include:
- Researching and responding to trading issues. Using regulatory knowledge and judgment to provide appropriate resolution to trading issues and providing interpretive guidance on the trading manual matters
Works to ensure that the business conducted within the Europe, Africa and Middle East ("EMEA") region complies with relevant laws and regulations including:
- Licensing (at the corporate level);
- Responding to question/information requests from regulatory authorities;
- Assisting with management of regulatory inspection visits and requests for information;
- Leading, and or assisting Compliance Managers and Attorneys within Legal department in the EMEA region, with team or firm-wide change projects
Assists other team members when needed to support core compliance work, including but not limited to:
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONSRequired:
- Providing advice on Code of Ethics matters, including, policy with regards to reporting and prior clearing gifts and entertainment, PA Dealing queries, conflicts of interest matters, etc.
- Reviewing over the wall requests/market soundings from brokers and advising the investment business on issues that may involve material non-public information and making additions to or removals from the Restricted List.
- Providing Compliance training to new associates joining the firm
- Assisting with the development and roll-out of new training initiatives within the Legal Department
- Assisting where needed with regulatory reporting for the firm, e.g., GABRIEL/CONNECT/South African FSCA submissions;
- Work closely with other areas of the business to ensure appropriate review and resolution of complaints
- Coordination of Compliance responses to client due diligence requests and RFPs
- Extensive working knowledge of compliance within the asset management industry
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of professional education and relevant experience
- Good knowledge of various regulatory trade reporting regime such as MiFIR, EMIR, SFTR
- Knowledge of FCA/UK regulatory framework with direct relevant experience
- Good general knowledge of the FCA handbook
- Able to work under pressure and produce results without close supervision
- Ability to handle heavy workload under tight timeframes and prioritize appropriately
- Good verbal and written presentational skills
- Attention to detail
- A team-worker who must be able to build working relationships and interact with a diverse group of internal and external contacts
- Analytical skills allied with creative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good product knowledge - US mutual funds, UCITS products and separate account strategies.
- Good derivatives knowledge is desirable
- Project management capabilities would be advantageous
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.