Marks Sattin is working with a Financial Services organisation who are recruiting for a Risk Manager. Within this newly created role, you will have the perfect opportunity to build off the risk framework that is currently in place and ensure the function increases support to where required.
With an expected change in certain regulation, this could be a fantastic chance for someone to come into the role and see it grow dramatically over the coming years. With this expected growth, support is already be preempted.
Your primary responsibility will be supporting the evolution and development of the risk vision and strategy by designing and executing initiatives, which enhance the risk management framework, risk maturity and the "risk culture" of the organisation.You will:
- Manage an effective risk management framework with minimal supervision.
- Ensure the business and support functions understand the risk management framework and tools to identify, assess, manage and report their risks.
- To challenge the business to provide evidence of effective controls to mitigate any risks.
- Undertake initiatives including facilitating risk workshops, training and education; undertaking risk assessments within the context of risk appetite and leading risk training programmes across the business.
- Develop and promote elements of the risk management framework including risk appetites, emerging risks and incident capture and analysis, you will have experience working in either 2nd or 3rd line risk roles within a financial services organisation. You will have the passion and patience to help coach, guide and educate areas of the business as they grow their knowledge and are taken on a journey.