- Lead the risk function's second line oversight of the group's operational risks.
- Work collaboratively with other heads of risk on the operational risks across risk capabilities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective operational risk framework across the group.
- Maintain operational risk policies and standards, develop suitable KRIs and other relevant risk metrics.
- Ensure effective Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) are performed across the group.
- Articulate the key operational risks to senior management and the relevant governance forums. This includes identifying areas for process/control improvement.
- Support key operational initiatives including business continuity planning, disaster recovery, information security and operational resilience.
- Be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Professional certification (CFA, FRM) preferred.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to influence and manage a team of professionals.
- Accomplished relationship manager.
- Clear definition of 1st and 2nd line understanding and responsibilities.
- Experience in managing 1st and 2nd line challenge and articulating 2nd line risk perspective.
- Experience in the development, maintenance, and oversight of Risk Management.
- Significant experience and knowledge in financial services, preferably in insurance.
- Experience in implementing effective ORSA, including a focus on individual syndicates.
- Evidence of 2nd line challenge.
- General commercial and financial knowledge.
"Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills."
For similar opportunities, follow Miryco Consultants on LinkedIn.