Our vision? To become the world's most trusted financial group. You'll help us achieve it.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The Operational Risk Department is part of the firm's Risk Management function and provides second line Operational Risk oversight for the firm's front office and support / control functions.NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
0MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role requires the applicant to provide assistance to the Operational Risk Management team to:
- design, development, operation and delivery of the Operational Risk reporting requirements (governance, internal and external).
- maintain, develop, documentation and implement of the Operational Risk Management framework and guidance.
- maintain, develop, and support the Operational Risk Management system - IBM OpenPages and related templates / guidance
The role sits in the Framework, Systems and Projects team within Operational Risk Management and offers the candidate exposure to all the team, external stakeholders; and requires flexibility to support initiatives and BAU tasks performed by the team. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The role requires the applicant within the Operational Risk Management team to:
- Assist in the development, maintenance and delivery of quality operational risk data analysis and periodic/ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Assist in the development, maintenance oversight and implementation of the operational risk framework.
- Provide assistance with review and challenge to ensure the wider effective identification and management of operational risk and control weaknesses by the business, support functions and the EMEA offices.
- Provide assistance with the independent assessment and monitoring of MUFG's Operational Risk profile.
- Support the wider initiatives in the Framework, Systems and Projects team and broader OpRisk team - including, but not limited to performance of thematic analysis, special projects, and administration for the OpRisk system (IBM OpenPages).
- Very Strong / Advanced Microsoft Office skills -
- Excel (data manipulation - lookups, pivot tables, macros), and
- PowerPoint (clear, concise well formatted reporting).
- General knowledge of databases.
- Understanding of the design and implementation of operational risk framework and governance reporting within banking
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCEFunctional / Technical Competencies:
- Operational Risk Management experience (2nd line of defence).
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong / Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Excel (data manipulation - lookups, pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint (production and development of clear, concise well formatted reporting).
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of reports for a senior audience.
- Understanding of banking products and front-to-back processes, risks and controls.
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and oral).
Education / Qualifications:
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of an Operational Risk Management framework in banking.
- Experience of IBM OpenPages / COGNOS
- Strong academics - particularly English and Maths
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills - manipulating, formatting and analysing data in Excel to clearly support messages and similarly clear, concise imaginative and well formatted PowerPoint presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical skills
- A proactive, motivated and enthusiastic approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity's performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.