Senior Commercial AccountantPermanent£42,000 - 45000Cheshire
This acquisitive business based in Cheshire is looking to recruit an experience Commercial Accountant to join the commercial finance team. This is a diverse role within a dynamic business and the remit will include: Development of commercial reporting , building the commercial awareness across the business; Regular commercial reviews to drive strategic performance improvement; Budgeting and forecasting; Cash flow reporting and management; Support pricing decision with key analysis; Work with the rest of the commercial finance team to drive continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience in financial planning and analysis, business partner and a strong commercial instinct. Experience within manufacturing, supply chain or FMCG would be advantageous.
This is an ideal role for a candidate looking to progress within an acquisitive and growing business.
This Commercial Accountant role is working for a growing service based business. Your remit will include:
- Input to the budgeting and forecasting process for the function within the guidelines and timetable;
o Develop and manage robust templates and models for input of budget submissions
o Review and challenge of submission
o Ensure alignment of phased budgets with weekly product targets
o Prepare presentation materials for lead team and Board reviews
- Provide modelling support for business cases/investments.
- Evaluate business cases for investment decisions, challenging key assumptions and ensuring compliance with governance processes.
- Maintain a register of Risks and Opportunities, highlight through the appropriate channels, and ensure alignment in planning cycles.
- Build a detailed understanding of the P&L, articulating the results and key income drivers to key stakeholders in the functional teams.
- Evaluate and challenge on the performance of sales, net income and costs.
- Produce insightful month end variance analysis to inform upwards reporting to the leadership team.