Our dedicated Real Estate Finance and Structured Debt team is consistently ranked as Tier 1 real estate finance and securitisation practices in the UK, Europe and globally.
We have a strong bench of practitioners who are recognised in the market as leaders in the field. Their combined expertise spans the complete spectrum of asset classes involving structured debt and real estate finance products in the UK and globally, including commercial real estate loan origination and CMBS/repackaging, residential mortgage portfolio origination platforms, acquisitions and financings including RMBS and private warehouses, trade receivables securitisations, covered bonds, acquisition and financing of non-performing loan portfolios and other loan on loan financings, consumer ABS including credit cards, consumer loans and auto loans/leases, investment finance, development finance, mezzanine/junior finance, cross border and multi-jurisdiction finance and insolvency/restructurings/work-outs/repackagings.
Our team is consistently at the forefront of market trends and developments and are involved in the most significant and innovative transactions in the market and we often structure and execute "market first" transactions.
We advise across the entire range of market participants, including sponsors, issuers and originators, arrangers and dealers, trustees, swap providers and servicers through to governments and regulators and rating agencies.
Who you will work with
You will be part of our Real Estate Finance & Structured Debt team, which remains at the cutting edge of the market.
You will be delivering to a wide range of clients, particularly European and US commercial and investment banks, non-bank debt providers, funds, real estate investors and developers and corporates.
The Real Estate Finance and Structured Debt team in London is made up of 10 Partners and approximately 60 lawyers and trainees.
What you will be responsible for
You will advise clients on all aspects of debt participation outlined in the above Group Overview in the UK and internationally. You will be regularly working as part of cross-border and interdisciplinary teams essential to the multidisciplinary transactions we offer our clients.
As a Lawyer your remit will be to:
- Have responsibility for drafting legal documents clearly and concisely.
- Create solutions using your legal knowledge, applying effective research techniques.
- Challenge and test advice against legal compliance and risks.
- Be proactive to pursue and expand legal knowledge to ensure legal knowledge and technical expertise up to date.
- Utilise client focus initiatives in terms of driving understanding and monitoring service levels of their individual client needs.
- Engage with knowledge resources effectively and collaborate in knowledge initiatives for the Firm.
- Manage matters with a disciplined practice - comprising of timely timesheet submission, adhering to matter opening and conflicts clearance processes.
- Adopt best delivery tools: e.g. templates, Legal Support Centre, Resource Management, Legal Project Managers, Matter Balance Reports.
Your career experience so far
We are seeking a qualified junior to mid-level lawyer who can demonstrate proven post qualification experience in real estate finance and/or structured debt. Your knowledge and experience will probably have been gained at a leading practice with a reputation for work in real estate finance and structured debt.
An outstanding academic history and proven first rate legal skills, combined with a strong reputation amongst existing clients for providing commercial solutions, excellent transactional and managements skills.
You will naturally be able to demonstrate excellent document drafting skills. You should demonstrate strong communication and analytical skills, along with a high level of commercial awareness.
You will have had strong exposure of collaborating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary teams.
It is crucial that you can demonstrate an appetite for business development, client relationship management and thought leadership.
How we will support you
From your first day with us, you will have varied opportunities to continuously grow and development your skills and knowledge. From formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
- You will be working for a firm which has recent awards in Finance including Tier 1 for Real Estate Finance (Legal500 2021); Tier 1 for Capital Markets: Securitisation (Legal500 2021); Band 1 for Real Estate: Property Finance (Chambers UK 2021); Band 1 for Capital Markets: Securitisation and Capital Markets: Structured Finance (Chambers UK 2021); Band 1 for Capital Markets: Structured Finance, Securitisation and Derivatives (Chambers Global 2020); Tier 1 for Capital Markets: Structured Finance & Securitisation (IFLR 1000 2020); and Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal and Law Firm of the Year: IFLR Europe 2020.
- We are pioneers with unrivalled knowledge of the market and we have development many of the market standard transitions.
- We advise on the biggest, most interesting and most high-profile transactions. The range, caliber and international scope of our deal flow is unique - and makes us stand out from our competitors.
- As well as recruiting the best people, we insist on the professional development of all our employees. Our lawyers work continuously to develop both legal and personal skills through the training programmes offered by the 'in-house' law education system, the Clifford Chance Academy.
- We offer all our lawyers real opportunity for secondment, whether to one of our overseas offices or to a London based client.
- We are proud of our reputation for being a very informal, meritocratic and diverse group and reinforce this with regular social events - both ad hoc and organised.
- Our Innovation and tech strategy is a key focus for us and at the forefront of everything we do. We have invested heavily in process improvement, legal project management, lower cost delivery centres (in Delhi and Newcastle) and technology solutions to increase efficiencies on corporate transactions and help control the cost of our services to our clients.
About the Firm
Whatever your area of expertise, you will find a range of career opportunities at Clifford Chance. And wherever you're heading, Clifford Chance is where you can be true to your ambitions.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures and languages. In a world where commercial success increasingly relies on globalisation, we offer clients a truly international perspective, and we offer our people a rewarding and stimulating career.
We're proud of our approachable, friendly and team-based way of working. Highly professional and self-assured, with an entrepreneurial streak, our people are more than happy to share their expertise and knowledge.
At Clifford Chance we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age.
This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm. Find out more here.
Competitive Salary and discretionary bonus, plus a range of exceptional benefits including pension, private medical cover, life insurance and income replacement insurance.