VSI is a leading localisation company, offering foreign-language versioning services such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling and translation. We have dedicated facilities in the world's major media hubs, and provide services to some of the largest global brands.Job Overview
As a Senior Audio Engineer you are a crucial part of VSI's Audio Team and work in one of our London based recording studios. You will be working on the entire length of full dubbing projects for major clients, from recording to mixing as well as being creatively responsible for delivering it timely and to the highest quality. Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Experience
- ProTools voice recording, editing and mixing of English and foreign versions for a wide range of major clients in various formats (Mono/Stereo/5.1/7.1)
- Create master templates to foreign reversioning.
- Guide and train junior members in mixing, editing, recording, sound design and M&E creation
- Setup and record ADR for both inhouse productions and external clients
- Record, mix and deliver Dubbing, Voice Over and Audio Description projects in various formats for major clients.
- Run sessions as the main VSI point of contact for clients and freelance directors as needed
- Follow broadcast mixing specs of R128/ITU-R BS 1770-4
- Handle all Technical aspects of the recording and mixing
- Set up the studios and session preparation
- Assisting the senior sound and IHP
- Carrying out full technical QC of outbound material prior to client delivery
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven experience with Avid ProTools Ultimate and video, in a professional MAC environment
- Proven experience with lipsync content, preferably dubbing
- Knowledge of AVID S1 / D-Control / Artist Control
- Microphone setup and recording experience
- Great communication skills and professionalism
- Keen and eager with a 'can-do' approach
- Self-motivated with great time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Genuine Interest in technical media
What else is on offer?
- Knowledge of VoiceQ or similar tools is a plus
- Languages are an advantage
- Enrolment to company's salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Travel card loan
- 22 days holiday allowance plus public holidays
- Regular social activities
- Regular yoga classes and other well-being activities
- The role is based in our London office.
- Due to the high number of applications for the position, we regret we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.