Finance ManagerSalary Range £55K - £70K (dependant upon experience), + 20% bonus, + 10% company pension contributions, flexible working and home working available.
Our client is a growing construction company within the infrastructure sector with a number of long-term projects that require dedicated Finance Managers. Our client is looking to recruit a qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years' experience to join their team. The role offers a friendly flexible working culture with home working available. Professional and personal development is encouraged and supported. The business and team is growing quickly so there is swift opportunity to progress further.
The Finance Manager will work closely with the operational Project Directors to provide effective project financial control of a portfolio of projects. The Finance Manager will be the source of knowledge on accounting and technical matters, delivering relevant and timely information to their respective shareholders/Funds.Key Responsibilities:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Acting as "Finance Director" the successful candidate will have full responsibility for the financial performance, reporting and risk management of a portfolio of projects.
- Conduct monthly reviews of the financial performance of all projects, identifying and mitigating risks.
- Management of contractual and funding agreements, ensuring compliance.
- Responsibility for maintaining, reviewing and updating the financial models to provide accurate information to key stakeholders.
- Attendance at project meetings providing technical advice, updating stakeholders on financial position of projects, producing and presenting concise information and identifying key actions for approval.
- Experienced in statutory accounting.
- Act as the source of knowledge on all tax and accounting issues.
- Management of key monthly processes including review of reconciliations, the payment authorisation process, sign off monthly payment schedules.
- Manage the Business Planning and Model update process.
- Work closely with the project director to manage the financial aspects of project variations ensuring contractual compliance at all times.
- Ownership of the financial models ensuring they remain accurate and contractually compliant.
- Line management responsibility for junior members of the team, identifying training requirements and supporting the development of the wider finance team.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Current membership of a recognised accounting body.
- At least 5 years post qualified experience.
- Big 4 Accountancy Practice experience desirable but not essential
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills to facilitate effective working relationships within the finance team and with the various external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with intellect to both develop and challenge explanations and arguments.
- Proactive in identifying and implementing process improvements.
Please apply in confidence for more information. Please only apply if you have the relevant level of experience. Only successful candidates can be contacted. Many thanks for your interest - Sam Kelly @infrasearch.