My client is a multi-site organisation providing specialist services to a range of consumers. Established over 30 years ago they have grown steadily and are now recognised nationally for their achievements. As part of a planned process they are looking to appoint a Finance Manager on part time basis, circa three days per week. The role is to manage an established finance department and ensure that best practice is adhered to, working with managers across the organisation who may have little financial knowledge whilst also supporting senior management in the delivery of objectives. The role will be varied, challenging and extremely rewarding, requiring an individual with a positive attitude and great work ethic. Key responsibilities will include:
- Production of monthly management accounts including commentary
- Discussing financial performance with departmental budget holders
- Production of departmental overhead analysis for discussion with managers on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate annual audit and organize the finance department in their required tasks.
- Prepare for internal audits as and responding to any requirements.
- Ensure National Statistics completed accurately
- Prepare and submit Quarterly VAT return for Group.
- Monitor bank balances regularly and optimise cashflow
- Ensure departmental reconciliations are completed accurately
- Prepare reports for Audit and Investment Committee's
- Manage and oversee Payroll, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and Cashiering.
As part of this role you will be expected to help and support other departments, in particular advising them on how income will be recognized in addition to evaluating cost-reducing opportunities. The ideal candidate would be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or QBE, with good technical accounting knowledge and preferably experience of the charity sector. Strong IT skills will be necessary alongside commercial awareness and excellent communication skills. You will be joining a friendly team and will enjoy excellent benefits including some flexibility over working hours.