The Risk Leader will lead Risk and Opportunity (R&O) management through the identification, assessment and management of risk to inform the business of risk exposure on projects and across the portfolio from tender phase until completion of execution. The Risk Leader will support the development of strategic mitigation actions with the functional teams to assist the teams in meeting on time delivery, cash and quality requirements across the execution portfolio of projects and ensure learning is taken into the tender phase of the business.
• Responsible for providing support to Pursuit Leaders, Project Directors and Project Teams across the SPS business.
• Responsible for embedding the risk management process on tenders and projects to ensure key commercial, execution and technical risks and opportunities are identified, assessed and managed. Key activities include to:
o Lead R&O identification sessions;
o Assist the Pursuit Leaders &/or Project Directors and risk owners to identify and articulate R&O with clear mitigation strategies and specific actions where required;
o Assist the risk owners with realistic and consistent impact assessments by engaging with schedule and cost subject matter experts to ensure risks and mitigation actions are accurately costed and scheduled;
o Review with the Project Director and Finance the anticipated risk exposure and planned mitigation costs to inform contingency spend profiles during tender and through project execution;
o Ensure the risk register is maintained through the project lifecycle and support the handover to the services team;
o Responsibility for Customer risk deliverables for example Risk and Opportunity Management Plans.
• Support the Tender/Project Team with implementing quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis, if appropriate.
• Inform knowledge management process of risk profiles / key risks for future opportunities, taking learning from project execution and sharing common risks across the portfolio.
• Develop maturity assessments and audit process to allow benchmarking across the projects portfolio of risk culture and process maturity.
• Provide recommendations to the Global Risk Leader for updates to the R&O Management Procedures.
• Provide R&O training, including ARM training, as required.