As Specification Technologist, your key focus will be to ensure that all customer specifications, pack copies and artwork are accurately set up and that all the necessary customer documentation is produced to meet critical path timescales and launch deadlines.
The role of Specification Technologist is quite varied and no two days are the same. You could be working on a new product range or making changes to existing ranges, so developing a key understanding of products will be essential. You will be responsible for reviewing copy artwork to ensure that the pack information is accurate and also in line with customer technical labelling policies, so you'll understand the importance of getting things right first time.
You will also get involved in reviewing raw material specification content to develop 'Gold Standard' specifications for each raw material in order to improve compliance. Job DescriptionYou may not have heard of us, but we're sure you've tried our products. We're a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK's food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston
we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL. What we're looking for
- Experience of working within a similar role within food manufacturing and have knowledge of writing specifications for retailers.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Someone comfortable managing multiple tasks and delivering results against tight deadlines.
- Talent to analyse information alongside the ability to transfer the data accurately and clearly within reports.
- Someone who has completed your Food Safety and Health and Safety at Level 2.
- Good understanding of specifications system and be computer literate to a strong level.
- Ideally experienced in M&S FIND system & sandwiches
- Very good attention to details
- Sound Legal labelling knowledge/ experience including FIR
- Experience in retail specification writing
- Must be able to multitask, time mange and be accountable for managing their workload with capacity to write up to 2 specs (from scratch) per day
- Work to tight timescales & deadlines
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success. What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.