Work with children and provide effective learning
Teamwork and using own initiative
Liaise with parents/carers
Develop Assistants in the Montessori Method
Deputise for Preschool Manager
1. Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual education and care for children placed at Sounique Montessori using the Montessori approach to lead the child towards mastering his/her environment. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the setting provides an exciting and creative environment enabling a child to experience adventure through play in a warm and welcoming environment.
2. To work with the Preschool Manager to ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children. This should take into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential.
3. To work within the Children's Act and ensure that local standards and guidelines are adhered to.
4. To plan and prepare exciting play opportunities that meet all children's developmental needs and stimulate their learning, ensuring full integration for all
5. To provide a service that respects children's life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion.
6. Become an advocate for the child's right to play, to be listened to and to be safe.
7. To deliver a range of inclusive play opportunities for all children which is responsive to the needs of the local community
. Assisting with the day to day management of the setting to ensure that parents and carers of children, are provided with high-quality childcare, which meets the requirements of the Children's Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements and in line with Montessori teachings
9. To establish and maintain positive relationships with children and their families in a way that values parental involvement. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the setting is open and friendly to the parents/carers and that they are made to feel part of the experience.
10. To observe and assess children's development and keep accurate records of their achievements.
11. The day-to-day management of the hall and play environment in terms of organising and implementing the curriculum for the Early Years Foundation stage using the Montessori approach to provide an environment in which children gain experience through activities and movement.
12. To deliver programmes and activities
13. To Work closely with the Sounique Montessori (SM) team to ensure that the programme devised and implemented fits into an ongoing programme of social education activities for children, based on the Every Child Matters (ECM) Framework, best play values and particular local area needs.
14. To contribute to the selection and requisition of educational and play materials to ensure that the programmes provide a wide range of stimulating activities.
15. Supervision of, and support to, the other personnel within the setting therefore implementing high standards of quality practices.
16. To carry out the requirements of the post with due regard to the Local Authority equal opportunities policy.
17. To assist in initiating, developing, implementing, and monitoring programmes of activities to improve equality of access particularly for disadvantaged groups.
18. To work effectively as part of a team and provide cover for the Preschool Manager, when necessary.
19. In conjunction with the Preschool Manager and assistants ensure that high standards of safety and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
20. To ensure that all activities undertaken, are fully risk assessed and have regard to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
21. To be trained in First Aid and able to administer First Aid when necessary.
22. Assist in carrying out all necessary administration.
23. To keep abreast of all current issues relating to early years provision
24. To attend and participate in meetings as required.
25. To assist in reviewing and implementing policies and procedures of the setting to ensure equality of access for children and families.
26. To supervise Sounique Montessori Assistants and volunteers in their day to day duties. Duties also include development, individual's supervision and recruitment procedures.
27. To be responsible for defining resources and report loss/damage or low stock levels to the Preschool Manager.
28. To undertake other duties within the scope of the post as necessary