Electrical Project Engineer - Rail in Derbyshire, East Midlands, United Kingdom, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Derbyshire, East Midlands, United Kingdom, Derbyshire, United Kingdom | GBP£37000.00 to £55000.00 Per Hour, Car, Pension, Paid Travel. | Permanent
Are you an experienced electrically biased Project Engineer, looking for a new challenge? Or an experienced electrical supervisor / manager who is looking to progress their career to the next level?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer/Manager for a well-established Electrical Engineering Contractor, based in Derbyshire. This will be a diverse role, with candidates overseeing multiple rail-based electrical projects, including station upgrades, depot installs, and track-side work, such as points heating and lighting.
Candidates must be open to UK wide travel, and overnight stays when necessary.
Location (s): Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham, Sheffield, East Midlands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Delivery of M&E or E&P projects to Network Rail Standards, on a UK wide basis.
- Manage the day to day running of on-site labour for larger projects.
- Provide technical advice and offer solutions to problems as they occur.
- Assist with the procurement of materials and on-site labour.
- Ensure all relevant technical and safety standards are applied.
- Produce technical design reports to a high standard.
- Valid PTS.
- Relevant Electrical qualifications (NVQ Level 3 or above).
- Test & Inspection qualifications (2391 or equivalent).
- ECS / CSCS.
- Management/H&S Training (SMSTS or similar).
- Previous CRE experience.
- Highly competitive salary.
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays.
- Life insurance.
- Employee rewards scheme.
- Corporate eyewear scheme.
- Paid travel.
- Paid accommodation.
- £25 a day food allowance.
- Company Vehicle (negotiable).
- Fuel card.
Potential Job Titles
Project Engineer, Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Assistant Project Engineer, Site Manager, Site Supervisor.
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.