Teaching Assistant Job, SEND, SEN TA, TA, EY, KS1, KS2, Behavioural, Pastoral, Interventions, LSA, Nursery
A fantastic job opportunity has arisen in an outstanding school in Richmond upon Thames. The school is looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant in order to support specific pupils in 1:1 and small group basis. The role starts on September.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Working within an established SEN department providing one to one support with specific pupils
- Using various communication methods to support children with Autism (PECS/ Makaton/ Colourful Semantics/ Visual Timetables etc.)
- Working under the direction of a class teacher and the SENCO where you will follow and implement IEPs (Individual Educational Plans)
- Preparing resources and teaching materials for the individual pupils
- Assessing and monitoring pupil progress and development
- Creating a positive learning environment where it is essential to promote inclusion
- Managing pupil behaviour
The ideal applicant will need to have:
- A year of previous experience working as an SEN Teaching Assistant is desired.
- Knowledge of French (desirable but not essential)
- Be patient and empathetic towards children
- Have a real interest in supporting pupils with SEN
- Be able to use his/her initiative
- Have an understanding of what it means to support children with special needs
- Confident supporting pupils across years groups, Early Years - KS2 in 1:1 or small group basis
- Have knowledge and/or working understanding of PECS, Makaton, Colourful Semantics, Talk Boost, Talking Tables
- Hold an Enhanced DBS dated in the last 3 years
If you feel you have got all the requirements above for this role and you are interested in it, either click the 'Apply Now' button or send your CV to Marine Pierron by email [mailto:] . For more information, please feel free to contact Marine Pierron on or by email as written previously. Please note the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.