Are you a qualified Solicitor with private practice or in-house experience? Are you looking for a new opportunity within a successful, innovative housing association?
We're one of the largest G15 Housing Associations, providing services to over 71,000 customers across more than 30,000 mixed-tenure properties in in the South of England. We're a successful, forward-thinking organisation ranked within the top 50 Best Companies to work for in London, as well as the top 100 best not-for-profit organisations!
We're looking for a talented in-house Solicitor to join our team based in Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport. We offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home when necessary, so we'll provide you with mobile working equipment.
The role in detail:
Playing a pivotal role within the Legal Services team, the in-house Solicitor will provide business partnering services to colleagues, sourcing the best legal advice from external providers and offering in-house expertise in areas such as housing management dispute resolution and advice in relation to disrepair claims. The main duties of the role will be:
- Supporting the Head of Legal Services in managing and monitoring legal service performance
- Business partnering with internal teams and colleagues to provide/procure technical legal expertise
- Case management
- Drafting legal proceedings
- Providing pre-action advice and correspondence
- Settlement negotiation and early dispute resolution
The role is permanent, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
What we need from you:
- Qualified Solicitor with private and/or in-house experience
- Litigation experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of housing law, court protocols and civil procedure rules
- A good understanding of social housing and the roles and responsibilities of a Registered Provider (RP)
- Good at multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines
- Good at problem solving, highly organised and analytically minded
- A strong communicator who is confident working with various internal and external stakeholders
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please utilise this to provide additional information on why you are the best candidate for this role, matching your skills and experience to the criteria as set out in the job role profile and person specification. Unfortunately if you are not able to demonstrate how you meet the above skills and criteria within your CV, cover letter or application then you will not be shortlisted.
What we'll offer you
- A competitive salary of circa to £45,000, depending on experience
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- As an employer, we offer flexible working options to our colleagues as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance
- More information can be found on our careers page
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we'll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Closing Date: 8th August 2021