Robert Walters: Public Sector Division - Permanent Chief Financial Officer - West Midlands - Salary Negotiable Depending on Experience
Due to the retirement of the current CFO after a long and successful I am able to offer the exciting opportunity to offer a permanent position for the a CFO of an independent charity in a role requires full ownership of policy, risk and governance therefore experience in these three areas is essential. Demonstrable experience and knowledge of overseeing HR is highly desirable alongside experience of preparing accounts in line with charity SORP.
Requirements of Chief Financial Officer:
- Oversee the Finance Team (4 people) and HR Team (4 people) with lead responsibility for the following areas: finance (including reports and returns), HR, risk, legal (contracts), governance (policies/meetings), and GDPR
- Handle delivery of the Finance function including preparation of all required reports and returns so that financial information is communicated clearly to all, with the Head of Finance managing much of the day-to-day activity
- Oversee the delivery of the HR function including compliance with all legal obligations and support on critical matters, with the Head of HR leading on daily requirements
- Lead on specific areas of charity risk, especially reputational, contributing to all risk management at the charity
- Key person responsible for all matters legal, especially pertaining to contracts with clients, both statutory and commercial
- Lead on governance, including preparation of papers for bi-annual Trustee Governance Committee meetings
- Sole contact on charity policies ensuring all regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Deal with Director responsibility for GDPR (acting as Data Protection Officer (DPO)), and as such support our information security systems and processes
- Confidant to CEO on cross-cutting topics that require holistic oversight
- Act in the role of Company Secretary
- To be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
If you are interested in this role please contact CVs will be contacted in order of receipt.