This client is global law firm with offices in key business centres across the Americas, Asia and Europe. The firm employs approximately 2000 lawyers. Their London office has a headcount of circa 800 and offices in the City
A 6 month to permanent position has opened up for a Legal Cashier. This person will provide both office and client account cashiering services within the Accounts Department.Responsibilities
- Daily review of the office and client account bank statements.
- Identifying and allocation of incoming cash.
- Processing office receipts (multi-currency).
- Assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Processing CHAPS, BACS and International Payments.
- Carrying out control checks to ensure a compliant processing environment is maintained.
- Dealing with aged client account balances.
- Chasing up unidentified monies on a timely basis.
- Preparing daily banking of incoming cheques.
- Producing and circulating end of day balance report.
- Verifying all clearing office account cheques.
- Verifying new professional disbursement suppliers.
- Raising office disbursement payments by cheque as required.
- Ensuring VAT is correctly processed.
- Reconciling vendor statements.
- Previous experience working as a Legal Cashier, covering both client and office account in a law firm.
- Up to date knowledge of the SARs.
- Experience of Aderant Expert is desirable.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels within the firm as well as clients.
It is Career Legal's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this contract vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.