Lead Electronics EngineerEastbourne£45,000-£53,000
My Client who is a leading manufacturer within their field is seeking and experienced Electronics Engineer to join their team due to continued growth and development. To be considered for this role you MUST have Significant knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics design both analogue and high-speed digital.
Lead Electronics Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Significant knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics design both analogue and high-speed digital as well as direct experience in applying the principles to one or more electronics products.
- Strong understanding of the product development processes and able to make recommendations for improvements.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English. Ability to make decisions based on a knowledge of the business and an understanding of the business impact
- Experience working in a global engineering environment and working with international teams to deliver electronics and product solutions.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary design environment
- Experience working in a regulated, compliance-driven industry
- Some experience in a project management role using both Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) frameworks.
Lead Electronics Engineer Duties:
- Maintain awareness of product roadmaps and priorities in the Division as well as related research developments taking place in the department. Provide recommendations for new areas of relevant research that can be undertaken within the team or at alternative locations within the Division.
- Work with the team to design in new techniques and product designs to achieve improved performance and efficiencies to satisfy an increasingly demanding and competitive environment in that technology field.
- Ensure a holistic view is taken towards not just achieving the optimal product design but also that the product can be manufactured reliably and to a high level of quality.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to other members of the development team, advising on how to drive work to completion to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. Champion the adoption of best practice within the team including alignment to established development processes.
- Adopt a leadership role when facing into technical issues early and using a variety of established problem-solving techniques and structured problem-solving processes to get to root cause. This includes the writing of 8D reports where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Product Management on pushing the boundaries of what new product offerings could achieve whilst guiding the discussion around what is possible within the desired timeframes. Ensure that the product design is developed in such a way that it can be tested reliably both at a component and system level.
- Establish close relationships with external suppliers and third-party subject matter experts to ensure that the latest technology is adopted, and our knowledge base is expanded
- Establish close relationships with the other disciplines within the team both within engineering and operations to ensure that the products leaving the Product Company perform to the expected degree of safety, quality and reliability.
The UK has now left the European Union. Any EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Although the closing date for applications was 30th Jun 2021, if you have not yet applied but believe that you would qualify under the EU Settlement Scheme, the Home Office have confirmed that they will consider late applications. For further information please see https://browse/visas-immigration/eu-eea-swiss