We're looking for an ambitious, confident and engaging Fundraising Manager to cover our work in East and West Sussex. This is a great opportunity to cover a fundraising patch which has massive potential for growth.
In this role you'll:
• Recruit, manage, and support volunteer fundraisers within the community, helping them to reach their fundraising potential
• Identify, develop and steward new relationships with corporate supporters, fundraising groups and high potential individuals
• Inspire and bring out the best in our supporters, corporate partnerships and fundraising groups, engaging them to help us beat heartbreak forever
• Enable our supporters to achieve their ambitious fundraising goals
• Work with BHF colleagues and volunteers to unlock new opportunities
The team combines experience from the private, public and third sector and we're looking for someone to join us with:
• Proven experience of meeting and exceeding targets and working to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Excellent ability to motivate, inspire and influence people
• Strong networking skills and proven ability to build long-lasting relationships
• Proven ability to track and report on income
• Flexibility and willingness to travel where needed to support events - with access to a car and able to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Previous experience of working remotely and you will need to be a self-starter
The BHF want to build great relationships with our supporters and to help them achieve their fundraising ambitions which will allow us to fund research in to heart and circulatory diseases.
This is a rewarding and fast-paced role, in a regional home-based team. No two days will be the same as you'll be working with individuals, groups and corporates, supporting them with their fundraising ambitions.
By joining our dedicated teams, you will be part of helping to create the next big breakthrough, from heart transplants and pacemakers, to stents and clot busting drugs. We will beat the heartbreak these conditions cause.
Here at the BHF we understand that you might need a little help balancing your work and home life. Many of our people work flexibly in many different ways. Please feel free to talk to us about the flexibility you may need; we're happy to explore what's possible for you and the role.
Interviews will be held virtually via MS Teams.
How to apply
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
To apply for this role please use the apply button to be redirected to our career site. Our process involves submitting your CV and a supporting statement, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role's criteria.
This is a home-based position. Candidates will need to live in Sussex. Please mention in your supporting statement if you are planning on relocating. You'll also need to have a full UK driving licence (there will be regular travel as part of your role.)
We celebrate diversity and make inclusion part of what we do every day. Diversity and Inclusion forms a main pillar in our People Experience Strategy. Our aim is for all of our colleagues and volunteers to bring their true self to work, so we can beat heartbreak for everyone.