The Engineering Manager will lead all of the engineering aspects of the business including site infrastructure maintenance, management of the company's engineering projects, management and development of the company's automation and control systems, management and development of the company's fire systems and Emergency Response Team and management of the design teams.
Direct reports - Automation Manager, Design Office Manager, Programme Manager, Fire Safety Advisor, Engineering Administrator
Working a Monday to Friday flextime pattern the Engineering Manager reports directly to the Head of Manufacturing on a day-to-day basis. The role sits within the Senior Management Team.
Engineering Manager - Key Responsibilities:
* Leading the engineering function within the company
* Projects and Design
* Site Infrastructure
* Fire Systems
* Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team
* Contribute to the creation and implementation of an engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve engineering standards, operational performance and business sustainability
* Develop suitable systems for effective project evaluation, implementation and management
* Develop strategies for plant infrastructure and automation
* Drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Identify and deploy technical skills, resources and systems to support improvement projects, including the engagement of external resources as and when required
* Consistently promote high standards through personal example and guide the team so that each member understands the standards and behaviors expected of them
* Evaluate industry and engineering trends to ensure that systems remain relevant
* Responsibility and leadership for all engineering activities of the business, as stated in the Job Purpose above
* Manage motivate and develop members of the Engineering Department to assist in achieving the departmental and business KPIs
* Assist other business areas with process improvements and new projects to ensure that viable engineering solutions are delivered
* Regular presentations to the Board of Directors of the Company and to Group Headquarters
* The jobholder is required to prepare status reports for distribution within the company relating to all engineering aspects of the business
* Frequent written correspondence with other external organisations including key suppliers, and other companies who assist with supporting the business.
* The Engineering Manager is required to have strong IT knowledge and be capable of managing, monitoring and developing the engineering and automation systems. In addition, the job holder should have PC office skills in order to fulfil general management duties and presentations as a member of the company's senior management team.
Engineering Manager - Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
Essential - Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Essential - Management of multi-disciplinary engineering teams
Essential - Good people management, project management and problem solving skills
Essential - Extensive working knowledge of relevant engineering principles and practices demonstrated in a relevant industry in engineering, maintenance or reliability fields
Essential - Experience with project management and engineering design
Essential - Experience with large capital projects
Essential - Understanding of appropriate business management systems
Desirable - Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment
Desirable - Project Management Qualification
Desirable - Knowledge of process technology related to metals
Desirable - Good working knowledge of CAD package(s)
What we Offer:
* Competitive salary package and Holidays (33 days including public holidays)
* Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
* Private BUPA Health Care Package and Westfield cash plan - can be increased to incorporate dependants
* Pension up to 7% matched contribution
* 4 x annual salary 'Life Assurance'
Due to the nature of the business, the incumbent for the role of Engineering Manager should be aware that under exceptional circumstances (e.g., breakdowns, outage periods, etc.) additional hours maybe required to fulfil the role this might include weekends as and when required to meet the business needs.
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the role of Engineering Manager, then please don't hesitate to apply for the role. Unfortunately, on this occasion we are not able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the UK