RM Recruit are working with a Worcestershire based Accountancy Practice to recruit an Accountant for their growing team. The post is a balance of both internal company accounting alongside statutory accounts and year end work for a range of external clients.
In relation to external client work, the remit of the post will include, but not be limited to:
* Statutory accounts preparation and regular financial and management reporting for a variety of clients (limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and not for profits)
* Preparation of trust and self-administered trust based pension schemes accounts
* Preparation of monthly payrolls, management of pension contribution records and the submission of required information and returns to HMRC.
* Management accounts for a variety of clients across a range of formats including excel spreadsheets, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks.
From an internal perspective, the role will include:
* Bookkeeping and monthly management accounts
* Weekly/monthly bank transactions recording and reconciliation
* Maintaining the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger within Sage
* Processing BACS payments on a regular basis
* Monthly accruals, prepayments and journals
* Regular cashflow reviews and forecasting
* Reconciliation of credit card statements and petty cash
* VAT returns
* Responsible for the supervision, maintenance and development of Sage Practice Solutions system of time recording.
We are ideally seeking qualified accountants from practice background, preferably with Sage experience, who understand the operations of the practice sector. Our client can offer flexible working, onsite parking and a range of other benefits and career progression