Milk & More carry out 1,200,000 deliveries of daily essentials every week to homes around Britain, via a network of 53 fulfilment centres. The milkman is arguably the original home delivery service and Milk & More is ensuring that this great British tradition continues to flourish.
Join Us, Become An ... Assistant Operations Manager
There are plenty of home delivery services out there; but Milk & More is different. Based on the long-standing British icon - the milk delivery person, we pride ourselves on being at the heart of communities across the country and are committed to working with local producers. Milk & More continue to forge a strong path in eco-friendly deliveries and now have the UK's largest fleet of electric vehicles.
We are currently making over 1.2 million deliveries every week and in these challenging times, our customers are relying on us now more than ever. As a business we need to continue to do our part in #feedthenation, delivering essential products overnight to customers doorsteps by 7am.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Operations Manager to support at our Hanworth Fulfilment Centre. The Assistant Operations Manager will report directly to their Operations Manager and are directly responsible for service levels, sales and operational issues within their fulfilment Centre.
* To manage and support the delivery of excellent customer service within the Region including adherence to key elements of customer service e.g. pre- 7.00AM delivery.
* To ensure that service levels in centres are maintained in line with customer requirements, deal promptly and effectively with customer complaints in accordance with company procedures.
* To manage product stock levels to ensure maximum availability at the lowest possible cost
* To contribute to the creation of a business development plan for the centre
* To work with Marketing to ensure that the region has a community involvement programme utilising an agreed mix of marketing team resources, rounds people, day time advocate and (local) social media
* To identify local opportunities to improve business performance and promote milk&more
* To support the culture change programme.
* To assist in ensuring all Centre processes are "Lean" / work effectively and procedures are adhered to.
* To ensure the achievement of KPI objectives for the Centre.
* To ensure that the Centre resources are allocated and utilised in the most effective manner, consistent with established procedures for Mandatory Quality Standards, vehicle legislation and Health and Safety.
* To ensure that all administrative duties are undertaken
* To assist the Operations Manager to recruit, train and develop employees, in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures, ensuring all staff are aware of responsibilities with respect to security, health &safety, quality, service and all operational aspects of the role.
* To assist in managing mixed staffing patterns
* To assist completing regular performance and development reviews with employees (MyReview).
Key Skills & Experience
* The job holder should ideally be educated to A level standard or equivalent, and have supervisory experience in a previous role within customer service orientated environment
* The ability to motivate staff and manage resources effectively is essential
* Able to communicate clearly and promote a culture of 'best practice'
* Demonstrate a passion and proven track record to deliver excellent customer service
* Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work in a time critical environment
* Strong understanding of health and safety, employment and where applicable tachograph legislation, plus a full understanding of internal audit procedures
* Understanding and promoting lean thinking in relation to all processes
* Deep understanding of manpower planning e.g. rounds, rotas and employment patterns
Hours, Salary & Company Benefits:
* Monthly paid
* 25 days annual leave
* 10% Staff Discount available
* Up to a potential of 10% additional annual bonus
* Life Assurance x2
* Company Pension Scheme