Assistant Management Accountant
£32,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Our client a global success story still innovating and setting the industry bar at new heights is looking to add to their highly talented and diverse finance team with the recruitment of an assistant management accountant within their diverse London based finance function.
The finance department which runs a highly effective centralised shared services function, offers the opportunity to work with a collection of Managers and Controllers across the Group ensuring that all intercompany reporting, reconciliations and settlements are up to date across the various entities. Key areas of focus:
• Assist Finance Manager with producing the monthly management accounts including cost accruals, prepayments, accrued/ deferred revenue, journal entries and other reconciliations.
• Oversee intercompany reconciliation process for UK entities including monthly reporting to the US.
• Responsible for payment card queries, reconciliation etc. for the relevant entities.
• Monitoring expenditure and projections against budget - responsible for cost reports, reviewing cost managers and reporting systems, ensuring that expenditure is continually monitored and managed against the budget and fed into the month end reports.
• Running ledger reports for each project code and reviewing costs included in the cost managers trackers against the system.
• Review the accruals with the FM's to ensure appropriate back-ups/support.
• Monitoring expenditure and projections against budget. Assist with reconciling costs to complete vs accruals at month end.
• Updating Payroll Sheets for all Fixed Term Contract staff with new starters or contract amendments in order to get cost coded against the correct projects including journaling the costs across to correct projects.
• Statutory requirements: assist with year-end audit and statutory processes.
The position would ideally suit a part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) reaching the final stages of their studies, with hands on experience working within a complex global enterprise where the given remit is both flexible and fluid. They will have a track record of developing and maintaining working relationships across levels and departments and enjoy analysing and resolving complex issue and tasks.
On offer is a defined career path and the chance to play a pivotal role within a progressive enterprise, where effort, dedication and most importantly results, are acknowledged and rewarded accordingly.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration