Our client is a reputable asset manager with a solid, established footprint across the UK and Europe and expanding presence in APAC and the US. In line with that growth, they are looking for a Deputy Company Secretary to help develop the governance function as the business continues its global expansion. Reporting to the Director of Governance and acting as line manager to a Trainee Company Secretary, this role will encompass a broad range of duties across the firm's governance framework and will suit a candidate who can inspire trust from the Executive Committee and Board and can forge strong relationships across various business teams like Finance, Business Risk and Internal Control functions.
The successful candidate will, with the support of the trainee (as and when appropriate):
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are 'hands on' with the humility and tenacity to deal with matters ranging from basic to highly complex in nature. Ideally, you will be a Fellow of the Corporate Governance Institute (FCG/FCIS) or at the minimum be ACG/ACIS qualified, but with substantial post qualification experience as a Company Secretary or Deputy Company Secretary.
- Act as Secretary to the Board and four sub-committees and attend Executive Committee ('ExCom') meetings ensuring the calendar, agendas, papers, written resolutions and minutes are fully prepared for all;
- Manage governance documentation and draft governance reports for the ExCom and Board;
- Project manage the AGM;
- Set up and oversee new entities, when required;
- Help drive the evolution of the Co Sec function, including the firm's Whistleblowing policy and leading annual Board/committee effectiveness reviews;
- Manage the Trainee Company Secretary, providing annual performance reviews and development plans to support their progression.
More specifically, we are looking candidates meeting the above requirements with:
· A proven track record in financial services with employment in asset management ideally forming some or all your post qualification experience;
· Excellent computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel and Diligent Boards);
· High emotional intelligence and communication skills, with the ability to upward manage and who has ideally been tasked with management/ supervision of more junior team members. Our client offers a flexible approach to working arrangements including the option to work from home on a weekly basis and a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus and benefits package.
Please contact: Matt Bloxham or Celene Yon for more information:
email@example.com 07900 692209
firstname.lastname@example.org 07944 390723
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.