Staff Nurse - Oncology - Newcastle under Lyme - Up to £30,000
Do you want to work in an environment where you have the ability to dedicate time to care to for your patients? Do you want to work for the UK's leading not-for-profit healthcare provider? If so, Nuffield Health is looking for an exceptional oncology nurse to join us at Nuffield North Staffordshire Hospital. Get in touch or apply today!
The Deakin Suite Oncology department currently in Nuffield North Staffordshire Hospital have an opportunity for a qualified Nurse to join our oncology team. Start your journey with us whilst we'll support you to be your best.
Whether you are currently in the NHS or a private setting, we're sure you will find your career with us motivating and rewarding. Like all of us at Nuffield Health, you do what you do because you care. Every one of our brilliant people is passionate about making a real difference.
For the successful candidate we can offer a post of up to 37.5 hours working over Monday-Friday.The Opportunity
With our consultant / nurse -led service, you will be working directly with some of the best clinical talent around, gaining experience with new practices, equipment and facilities. Some of the key duties, but not limited to are;
To succeed as the oncology nurse
- Administering systemic anti-cancer therapy.
- Assisting consultants during Clinics.
- Supporting Patients through their Cancer Journey.
- Providing care for Acute Oncological emergencies.
- You'll interact with practitioners from other departments because you understand the importance of continuity in patient care.
- Being part of a team that constantly look for new and innovative ways to improve the care that is delivered.
- Educate patients in the management of their care.
- Be part of a family not only a team.
- It would advantageous to have experience of Oncology Nursing
- To have, or be working towards a Qualification in the administration of systemic anti-cancer therapy, with a minimum of 6 months experience in the administration of SACT.
- To work flexible hours to suit the department Monday to Friday
- To be an excellent communicator and team worker - flexible and motivated.
- Have the ability to fully understand each patient's needs and provide individual attention.
What are the Benefits?
- RGN or equivalent qualification
- Has or working towards a university accredited course in the administration of systemic anti-cancer therapy with hands on experience
We want you to be the best you can be. We promise that we will support you with training opportunities and career development options. For newly-qualified nurses we offer a one year preceptorship programme.
We also offer a unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs, along with free private healthcare. Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits, not only for you but for your family too (at a small cost).On site free parking for staff.
Whether you are currently in the NHS or a private setting, we are sure you will find your career with us motivating and rewarding.
Like all of us at Nuffield Health, you do what you do because you care. Every one of our brilliant people is passionate about making a real difference.Salary - Up to £30,000Location - Newcastle under LymeContract Type - Permanent Weekly Hours - Full time/Part time- Monday to Friday
Nuffield Health encourage and welcome diverse applications and are committed to success through our diverse colleague community. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.