Marcus Donald are currently in the market for an Information Governance Manager on behalf of one of our clients based in City of London, with remote work available. You will be a part of the practical team which responds to data breach incidents and co-ordinates response to SARs in compliance with UK GDPR.
You will also contribute to IG change assessments including DPIA, DPbDD, and third-party contract reviews, working with the business to assess compliance, identify threats and carry out risk assessments.
Information Governance Manager - Main Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the GDPR email and telephone contacts and responding appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Responding to data subject access requests according to policy by carrying out the necessary legitimacy checks.
- Responding to data breach reports according to policy by coordinating the gathering of the necessary information and liaising with the legal department to carry out assessments and carry on.
- Identifying risks and escalating issues and problems as required.
- Work with colleagues to assess the third party, ensuring obligations are met and that services are risk assessed, and that provisions are adequate.
- Support the data privacy lead in the ongoing review and improvement of policy and practice in relation to data privacy.
- Take part in carrying out internal audits to assure ongoing data privacy compliance.
- Work with colleagues to carry out IG change assessments across the group in accordance with the defined process and risk methodology
- Support the business in carrying out ongoing data privacy incident handling testing and improvements
Information Governance Manager - Required:
- Working knowledge of data privacy legislation including the GDPR
- Sufficient understanding and background in a technology-related discipline to effective in assessing IG compliance and an understanding of threats across a wide range of digital products.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role related to IG, technology, or data management.
- Able to cope under pressure and to remain clear-headed and focused on important priorities and efficient methods to manage the load.
- The ability to meet deadlines on time and deliver high-quality work.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently and meet at all cost, timescale, and quality constraints.
- Accountable and responsible self-starter, willing to take initiatives.
Information Governance Manager - Desirables:
- Experience working in certified environments (e.g ISO27001, Cyber Essentials Plus, PCI DSS)
- Demonstrable evidence of driving continuous improvement.
- Relevant certification in data privacy.
Being an Information Governance Manager, the job role comes with bonuses. Such as 25 days holiday per annum, excluding bank holidays, and private medical care with days off sick pay throughout the year. Being in this job role creates a strong career path for you to be able to achieve your desired career goals throughout the years you are at the company.
If this is a job role that interests, you or you have any more questions about the job role please do not hesitate to contact Alex Warren (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions and/or queries you may have.