The Digital Services team is currently expanding its portfolio of services and solutions by developing a smart energy systems capability. It is targeting rapid growth in this part of the business, and beginning a transformation process, focussing on decarbonising electricity, heat and transport. Working for the Smart Systems Sector Director, the Senior Project Development Manager will be an exciting role with a genuine opportunity to position the business as a provider of choice in this field. Our work brings together the best of the energy and digital solutions that offers to business customers in local, smart energy solutions that encompass energy assets such as generation and battery storage, electrical networks, EV charging infrastructure and control systems such as Virtual Power Plants to deliver smart, flexible energy systems.Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- - Technical, commercial and project delivery expertise with a track record of experience.
- - Highly connected - build and manage diverse relationships with stakeholders further advancing the business' agenda, key focus on Large I&C, Local Authorities, Universities, Ports and Campuses
- - High performing teams - experience leading and managing project teams across a range of disciplines
- - Proven experience in bringing together and managing a complex proposition that sits across multiple areas of expertise
- - Excellent understanding of distributed energy systems including generation technologies, storage, private networks, IDNO and the configuration of these systems to optimise them
- - Good understanding of the flexibility markets, including UK energy trading and balancing markets, Virtual Power Plant, and Demand-Side-Response projects
- - Good understanding of EV charging commercial models
- - Good knowledge of policy and regulation impacting on the GB energy system including transmission and distribution charging, wholesale price evolution drivers and other non-energy costs that contribute to the energy bill
- - Experience calculating commercial opportunity (and risk) associated with the above energy system components
- - Ability to provide commercial details to Matrix teams to ensure comprehensive financial models of the opportunities can be developed to show value to both the client and the business
- - Sound judgement - with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information
- - Proposition development - experience building bespoke proposition across a complex range of technology and solutions
- - Experience communicating complicated projects internally to gain approval through governance processes
- - Experience resource planning across a complex project to fully understand potential cost of project
- - Experience of identifying, on-boarding and working with partners to scope, build and deliver complex projects
- - Experience leading high value energy system opportunities directly with clients in bids, tenders or as a direct solution sale
- - Track record in delivering energy projects and/or energy assets to commercial clients. Where possible you will have reference projects that demonstrate your involvement in shaping and delivering energy systems.
- - Quantitative modelling experience including tools beyond Excel.
- - Understanding of a range of commercial structures as they apply to distributed energy assets