Are you a Software Engineering Manager who has strong knowledge of agile delivery methods and experience of managing mixed discipline Software Engineering teams? Are you looking to join a fast-paced technology company who stays ahead of the game?What You'll Do
We are looking for a strong leader and communicator who will work collaboratively with the Lead Product Owner to drive our Software Engineering teams in the building, testing and running of our software and services.
As a Software Engineering Manager, your role will be to continually drive and develop the strategic direction, driving results and demonstrating best practices. Working with a hybrid agile model combining multiple methods such as Scrum and Kanban you will have a key focus on delivery. Our culture is fast paced, and we are constantly evolving, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineering Manager who will use data and metrics in order to drive decisions around budgets, technical innovation, encouraging and implementing agile methodologies. Leading multiple mixed discipline Software Engineering teams predominately on shore but with some off-shore you will manage delivery leads, technical staff and work closely with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
People progression will be key to your role and you actively be involved in driving high-performance, coaching and developing teams. We continue to expand by recruiting experienced talent. Part of your role will be to lead the recruitment process and ensure there is enough resource for the company's needs.
You'll have a passion for quality, striving for continuous improvement and work to best practises. As a strong communicator, your focus will be building strong relationships within your teams.About CDL
CDL is one of the UK's leading InsurTech Providers, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company's robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
CDL is very much about community, innovation, excellence and collaboration. We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative inspiring culture and the CDL Team are the heart of our company.Our Agile Journey
Here at CDL we do agile at scale from 'The Codeworks' our purpose-built software house in Stockport near Manchester. Following the pandemic, we have all been working remotely, when we return to our campus we will be offering hybrid working model to our people with a split of office and remote working. Over the last few years our transformational agile journey has seen us become one of the top tier software houses in the Northwest, we aim to be the very best. If you have a passion to uncover better ways of developing software, this opportunity offers a key role within our Development function to facilitate the accelerated evolution of our lean agile practices.RequirementsWhat you'll bring
- Proven track record of strong leadership style in line with the organisation's values and leadership behaviours
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams in a technical services support environment
- Experience of agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience of managing large, complex systems is essential
- Experience of managing multiple products and managing inter-dependant priorities.
- Experience of delivering/developing commercial software
- Experience of managing solutions in a DevOps/DevSecOps manner in Product based organisation, working on the development all the way through to production
- Delivery of services within commercial service level framework
- Have a technical background with experience of cloud, DevOps, API and mainly complex back-end and integration work
- Experience managing off-shore resources
- Proven track-record of implementing large scale changes while maintaining team engagement
- Experience reviewing, improving and simplifying processes with a focus on people and their experience
- Demonstrable experience in reducing waste, investing in automation and leading with quality
- Experience of working within financial services
- Experience of working in a software house environment
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working - upon returning to our office at the earliest of November 2021, we will be offering a hybrid model of split office and remote working. We would require people to work in the office for 2 days over a fortnightly period.
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms