Role Title: Sustainability Finance VP
Function: Front Office - Structuring / Origination / Advisory
Location: Flexible. Ideally London (City) with agile working between office & wfh Key experience
- Subject Matter Expertise in Sustainable Finance
- Experience Structuring or Advising on ESG Linked Lending and similar transactions.
My client is a leading global banking group looking for a Sustainability Finance specialist to help structure, advise and originate deals that fulfill the Green Loan and ESG Linked Loan performance criteria of their clients. Key responsibilities
Experience & Knowledge
- You will help develop a new ESG product offering to support the sustainability objectives of clients.
- You will attend client meetings with Relationship Managers and offer expertise and advice on all sustainability aspects including performance targets and objectives.
- You will work closely with other front office members and help improve their knowledge and confidence in pitching Sustainable Finance deals.
- You will take responsibility for the sustainability part of specific deals throughout the transaction cycle - working closely with Origination and other elements of Front Office, as well as back-office departments including Credit, Loan Distribution and Loan Execution.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience attending internal and external meetings discussing financing proposals as a sustainability expert.
- Experience working in thought leadership, preparing ESG marketing materials, pitch-books and reports focussing on Sustainable Finance credentials both internally and externally.
- A track record of supporting the definition and implementation of strategy with regards to Sustainability matters.
- Broader outlook developing and/or delivering training materials for the front office departments to disseminate Sustainability Finance knowledge through the bank.
- Proven track record of sustainable finance gained in either a major commercial bank or similar type of corporate/project finance group of a major international organisation.
- Demonstrable, in-depth knowledge of Sustainable Finance standards and regulatory frameworks including LMA & ICMA Principles, UN Sustainability Developments Goals, Climate bonds Initiative, TCFD and other majors ESG regulations.
- Regulatory awareness and understanding of the emerging regulatory landscape.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Comfortable presenting complex regulatory issues and solutions to a broad range of stakeholders at all levels in a succinct and easy-to-digest form.
- Ability to prioritise work and weight projects based on the impact upon the business.
- Demonstrable experience working in an international environment.
Starting Date: ASAP