Our client is a large UK based and market leading retail group who is seeking top commercial finance talents to join their growing functions as a Business Partner !
Working across their group focusing on profit reporting for one of their channels you will be responsible for sales, customer and risk analysis, building key relationships across the group with internal and external stakeholders- helping them with their strategy and to understand their markets to maximise on their profitability.
Given the exposure to senior management and various departments within the business, this role involves a consistent level of visibility so being comfortable dealing with different individuals within an organisation will be necessary.
Some responsibilities include:
- Support the Finance Manager and senior Business Partners in preparing monthly and weekly board and company reports as well as the planning, budgeting, forecasting, P&L, balance sheet, and long term plans taking full responsibility where delegated.
- Challenge pushbacks when necessary and influence change/ efficiencies to create a best in class function
- Create and improve financial models for accuracy of business information
- Provide monthly analysis of budgets, costs and sales reports
- You will be a commercially minded, fun, highly motivated and vibrant individual with a passion for food, retail and consumer goods.
- You will be a part or fully qualified accountant with ideally 0-3 years PQE. (Role will be flexible for the right person.)
- Experience working in food, bev, general consumer goods, restaurants, retail or a multisite industry .
- A strong knowledge of technical accounting concepts and standards and advanced excel skills.
- The ability to work to your own initiative and demonstrate a willingness to get involved with the business.
- Candidates MUST have a right to work in the UK through a Visa, Permanent Residency or UK/EU citizenship.
Note: Due to current Covid restrictions this role will intitally be working remotely.