Here our work has a direct impact on patients - transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we're driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it. You're trusted to explore and to find new solutions, experimenting with leading-edge technology and grappling with challenges in a modern technology environment that might never have been tackled before. It's a dynamic and challenging environment to work in - but that's why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that's exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross-functionally and inclusively together. Be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
Enabling Units IT delivers digital and technology solutions and services to multiple business areas including HR, Finance, Legal, Global Sustainability, Corporate Affairs and Mergers/Acquisitions. The team is comprised of over 450 staff located in 7 major location within AstraZeneca.
Our business relies on the most up-to-date software to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that benefit patients the world over. The Solution Delivery team within Enabling units IT builds, develops, deploys and integrates that software - on time and budget, to the highest quality standards and against AstraZeneca's business strategy. Join us and you can work across our pioneering activities, as well as a raft of business functions.
As a Project Manager, you'll be part of a passionate and expert team of IT professionals that harnesses agile delivery, adheres to our right-first-time principles and makes 'the best' the benchmark.
We are looking for a hardworking Project Manager with experience of planning, mobilising, managing the full project life cycle and delivering transformational IT projects. Its likely youll have a couple of years commercial project management experience within an enterprise global business, looking for an opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill-set within a world-leading business.
The role will have accountability for:
• Business and transformation projects
• A positive relationship with the business customer driving the demand for the solution
• Ensuring solutions solve key business needs in an integrated and simple manner
• Ensure that delivery occurs with a sense of urgency, within the approved programme or project budget and schedule commitments, whilst continuously assessing risk and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to standard methods and tools.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• At least 3 years consistent dedicated Project Management experience, including end-to-end delivery of at least two medium sized projects
• Blue-chip or multinational company experience, and experience of working with matrixed organisations
• Technical or Business degree, Masters degree preferred or equivalent business experience
• Demonstrated skills interacting with Senior Leaders
• Experience of managing Agile projects (Scrum, SAFe) desirable
• Project Management certifications preferred (Prince, PMP, MSP, Agile - Scrum, SAFe, Scrum Master)
• Confirmed skills and experience delivering, managing and controlling large projects
• Demonstrated understanding of quality and compliance
• Excellent relationship management, and influencing skills
• Proven track record negotiating across complex groups
• Experience crafting innovative solutions
• Experience working in a global organisation and across cultural boundaries
• The ability to travel both domestically and internationally
• A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience
• A sense of ownership and enterprise leadership to delivery high quality solutions that solve business problems
• Experience of a range of technologies (not all but possibly: SAP, SOA, BI Solutions, Datawarehouse solutions, Finance solutions, Hyperion, Workday, Saba, SalesForce.Com, Veeva, other enterprise level packaged software that supports business processes in Finance, Legal, HR, Compliance, Manufacturing, R&D, Commercial, Strategy & Business Development, Corporate Affairs).