Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage. The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 225MW of operational and under construction grid-scale battery capacity and now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, one of the largest battery portfolios in operation and over 25% of the UK's EV buses, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Finance professional to support the continued development of the company. The focus of the candidate will be to support the Head of Corporate Finance and other relevant key stakeholders in reviewing, analysing, structuring and executing across group financing and strategy, investment and M&A activities, structuring and approvals of individual investments, overall transaction management and non-recourse debt financing of individual investments. This is a unique opportunity to work with experienced senior ex-bankers and ex-financial advisors outside of an investment banking/ bug 4 context. The role would entail continuing to build the same technical skillset whilst being directly involved with one of the fastest growing and interesting sectors globally. A TASTE OF THE DAY TO DAY
- Review and amend existing operating business models and maintain a group strategic model based on these assets
- Development of management analysis and short papers to inform capital structuring and strategic decisions
- Development of financial information to support the realisation of value for shareholders and raising of capital including presentations and process management
- Supporting/ managing asset finance raising for EV Fleet projects both UK & Internationally
- Supporting/ managing project finance raising for Battery Energy Storage projects both UK & Internationally
- Supporting/ managing activities related to portfolio level debt raising
- Loan monitoring, reporting and bank relationship management
- Financial modelling, investment/credit paper preparation, advisor and due diligence management, data room management, and documentation negotiation and execution support
- Work with the wider finance team on company financial reporting
- Work with key stakeholders - research, preparation of papers on key commercial issues, supporting on due diligence processes by external advisors
- Support on business development proposals, contract structuring and financial modelling for individual opportunities going through the investment committee
- A genuine passion for finance and a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience
- Experience within EV, Energy storage, Energy/ Transportation
- Qualified or part qualified in either of the following - ACA, ACCA, CFA
- Experience in non-resource financing (asset finance, project finance, or similar) and supporting the structuring and execution of complex transactions in the infrastructure, transport and/or energy sectors
- A quantitative/ analytical skillset with strong financial modelling expertise in MS Excel
- A desire to work for a start-up/ scale up business with the ability to have an agile approach, curious mind, personal resilience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A pro-active self-starter, willing to shape your own role and present ideas and suggestions
- Fluency in English is mandatory and bi-lingual capabilities (European or Mandarin) are desirable although not essential.
We have an open, honest, and trusting culture here at Zenobe. Apart from the unparalled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Net Zero revolution we are proud of the culture we have built. Here is what we can offer when you join the Zenobe community;
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- At Zenobe we all work hard and go the extra mile so it's important to rest and regenerate with 25 days holiday which increases after 5 years' service
- To make your journeys easier we have a Season ticket loan and a Cycle to work scheme plus bike storage and showers
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth and responsibility including a £1,500 training budget
- 20% performance related bonus and discretionary company share plan
- Centrally located London offices in St James.
- Our ways of working have changed since the pandemic and we promote flexible working including a mix of office and working from home.
- Your wellbeing and health is important to us and we offer Private Medical Insurance (including Mental Health support) cover for you and your family
- Supporting your passion is important to us and we offer one day per year for Volunteering
- As our community grows building social connections is key and we regularly organise social events
Zenobe is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation. Our culture values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.